Search Unity

Export project for ANDROID

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by charly1995, May 11, 2021.

1. charly1995

charly1995

Good morning, I exported my project to android. When installing the APK on my phone, only the pink screen appears. Please can you help me. What could be happening
    upload_2021-5-11_9-33-50.png

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Start by checking the logs. Usually pink means a texture or material failed in some way.

Since it is fullscreen, it might be a post processing effect that is failing.

If there is nothing obvious, you will have to add more logging.

To help gain more insight into your problem, I recommend liberally sprinkling Debug.Log() statements through your code to display information in realtime.

Doing this should help you answer these types of questions:

- is this code even running? which parts are running? how often does it run?
    - what are the values of the variables involved? Are they initialized?

Knowing this information will help you reason about the behavior you are seeing.

You could also just display various important quantities in UI Text elements to watch them change as you playtest.

If you are running a mobile device you can also view the console output. Google for how on your particular mobile target.

Here's an example of putting in a laser-focused Debug.Log() and how that can save you a TON of time wallowing around speculating what might be going wrong:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/coroutine-missing-hint-and-error.1103197/#post-7100494