Search Unity

Export package..ONLY current scene, NOT entire Project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by eco_bach, Feb 2, 2016.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Hi
    Puzzled why Unity doesn't seem to make this easier. How do you export ONLY the current scene with any dependencies, and NOT the entire project?

hopetolive likes this.
  2. nswayze

nswayze

This is some really useful advice I refer to which seems to do the trick for me:

"To export your scene (level) just clean, you have to go to the Project window - select there you level and right click and select: "Select dependencies" it will show you summary information about your level files which was used only in that scene, then you have to go top menu: Assets -> Export Package and UNCHECK include dependencies and it the window you'll see it's only selected stuff from your scene and then you can click Okay and save your scene just with stuff you had in that scene.

Include Dependencies - should have to be renamed: "Include all garbage from entire unity projects". - Smbv http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/64834/auto-export-to-asset-only-files-and-such-used-in-s.html

3. eco_bach

eco_bach

Unfortunately it seems that 'include dependencies' still excludes .cginc files , so shader libraries still have to be manually copy pasted. At least that has been my experience.

4. idcanu

idcanu

@nswayze thanks your solution worked for me

nswayze likes this.
  5. Sylance

Sylance

@nswayze thanks your solution worked for me too and my shaders are also included.
    The included Dependencies should really be renamed.

nswayze likes this.
  6. Peppermage

Peppermage

@nswayze You're the best! That was perfectly detailed and exactly what I needed. I wouldn't have come up with this without your instructions.

nswayze likes this.
  7. Druznia

Druznia

@nswayze Still works! Thank you alot.

titanwolf8448 likes this.
  8. mbhagat

mbhagat

"Include all garbage from entire unity projects"
    This makes me laugh ha ha
    Worked well , thanks for advise for saving my time.

9. TomTrottel

TomTrottel

for me this way of exporting works on some scenes perfectly, on others not, even I tripple checked. very strange.

10. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

It hasn't worked correctly for about 10 years. (I haven't seen it work for 'all' projects since about 2014/2015). If you have a really simple basic project, then it 'works' -- i.e. it doesn't actually work, but your project is simple enough that you don't notice all the bits it got wrong.

Unity staff always popup on the forums to say "you didn't tick the box". LOL no that's not the problem.

Developers always show direct evidence that Unity is wrong. The Unity staff then go silent. The feature has not worked for a loooooong time.

If you have a direct example ... submit a bug. If you're lucky they might look at it.