Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Export package..ONLY current scene, NOT entire Project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by eco_bach, Feb 2, 2016.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Hi
    Puzzled why Unity doesn't seem to make this easier. How do you export ONLY the current scene with any dependencies, and NOT the entire project?

2. nswayze

nswayze

This is some really useful advice I refer to which seems to do the trick for me:

"To export your scene (level) just clean, you have to go to the Project window - select there you level and right click and select: "Select dependencies" it will show you summary information about your level files which was used only in that scene, then you have to go top menu: Assets -> Export Package and UNCHECK include dependencies and it the window you'll see it's only selected stuff from your scene and then you can click Okay and save your scene just with stuff you had in that scene.

Include Dependencies - should have to be renamed: "Include all garbage from entire unity projects". - Smbv http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/64834/auto-export-to-asset-only-files-and-such-used-in-s.html

3. eco_bach

eco_bach

Unfortunately it seems that 'include dependencies' still excludes .cginc files , so shader libraries still have to be manually copy pasted. At least that has been my experience.

4. idcanu

idcanu

@nswayze thanks your solution worked for me