Search Unity

Export mesh from unity to blender

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Jason81000, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jason81000

Jason81000

I'm working on mesh Boolean operations (CSG), something like mesh intersection and union.
    But unity doesn't support it.

I found this method on another thread, bam93 said he can import mesh in blender, write a blender script for doing the union and export in a mesh format read by unity.

Can someone teach me to use script to export mesh from unity to blender and use script to import mesh (after Boolean operations) from blender to unity?

I don't have experience on blender either.

Thanks!

2. UnLogick

UnLogick

3. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

does this exporter support the second uv channel ?
    i tested two or three exporter up to now and as far as i can remember, not a single one of them exported the second uv channel. which really sucks for my project

4. UnLogick

UnLogick

I don't know about that, but I do know that my own Fbx Exporter exports all four uv channels if present, as well as skinned meshes and baking pbr materials into diffuse, specular and normal maps.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/unity-fbx-exporter-69997

5. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

good job, but i have to be honest, for my private stuff, this is too pricy for the utility i need from it

6. UnLogick

UnLogick

Right that's also why it wasn't my first suggestion. If all you want is a static mesh I suspect Unity's solution will work for you. But I can't make promises on their behalf.

7. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

i know, no hard feelings here
    i just like to give feedback if anyone takes the time to answer my questions ;)