Search Unity

Export jpegs from blender

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by morgansaysthis, Jul 14, 2007.

1. morgansaysthis

morgansaysthis

i have a rendered shot i want to get out of blender so i can import it into unity as a texture and i cant figure out how
    i set up the target folder and everything and the i tried pressing save image in the file window which seems to do nothing

what am i doing wrong??

2. morgansaysthis

morgansaysthis

as soon as i pressed submit i figured it out... sorry nvm

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

That's good, but don't use jpegs for anything in Unity. ;) You lose quality and won't save any space. Use png.

--Eric

4. morgansaysthis

morgansaysthis

cool i didnt know that thanks for the tip

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Yep, just to explain a bit more, with Unity everything is either DXT compressed or uncompressed, so jpegs, like everything else, also will end up DXT compressed or uncompressed. Hence you don't gain anything by using them and can only lose quality.

--Eric

6. Daniel_Brauer

Daniel_Brauer

Unity Technologies

If you use Photoshop, I recommend keeping all your textures as layered .psd files. The bottom layer should be the exported UV map from Blender, and you should never change it unless the UV map changes. That way you always have the reference under the layers that actually provide colour.

7. morgansaysthis

morgansaysthis

ive got to sit down and read about textures at some point....not looking forward to that....

thanks for the tips