Search Unity

Export from unity into blender and keep materials

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Noodle2179, May 9, 2021.

1. Noodle2179

Noodle2179

Hey! So I have the AZURE Nature asset pack and would really love to make some wallpapers and stuff in blender with it but when I try to import a tree model it doesn't work. The leaves are all square (in unity they actually look like leaves) and everything is just pink too. The asset uses custom shaders so I understand if it isn't possible. Or if I could just idk like "bake" the custom shader into a normal material. Basically how do I export a model and it's materials AND it's custom shaders from unity to blender.

This is probably impossible or really hard to do but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Or if I could use unity as blender? I won't be doing any modelling I literally just need to play around with skyboxes and lighting and post processing. It would actually be simpler to do it in unity than blender. If anyone knows how to like render an image in unity like blender at a high resolution. I'd ideally like to do 8k resolution (I know that's stupidly high but I love how it looks).

2. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

The most you could do is duplicate the textures and do a "best/closest possible" on the shader. Blender has the Eevee and Cycles renderers, both which take PBR maps. You could do some pre-work using Blender's material nodes as well, doing inversions for cases like needing smooth instead of rough, etc...

That said, your best bet is likely going to be to just make the thing in Unity and render it there. Unity's renderer has been used for higher quality renders like that, so it isn't anything new. You can also add some post processing, etc... if you think it makes sense.

3. Noodle2179

Noodle2179

ok thanks for the information :)