Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Export diff to csv

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by dave_thrive, May 22, 2020.

1. dave_thrive

dave_thrive

I've got a problem with the diff view in the memory profiler. The "value" column appears to show a stack trace but I can't read it fully. Can we have a fix to the UI so its readable and maybe an export to csv. I don't know how to work around this currently
    upload_2020-5-22_12-15-59.png

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the Feedback, both on the Multi-line text issue and the request for a csv export. And please excuse my slow replying to this. We're preparing to completely overhaul the table views and underlying database, which are both currently in the unfortunate proto-duction state to be way too involved to maintain, extend and improve upon. And yes, that goes so far as to making it tricky to even add a csv export that would reliable be printing out all the right info.

Regarding that multi-line string issue: The tool was primarily designed to be a Memory Profiler and not a Memory Debugger. Because we're dumping the entire managed heap, it ended up doubling as a Memory Debugger and it is certainly not seen as an unhappy accident from our side and we'll continue to extend it to be used in that way. We already have a nicer way to display Managed Objects in development as an initial part of that overhaul and I've raised the issue of multi ling string values so we can make sure we figure out a nicer solution to this.

I suspect what you're looking at hear is a string that got logged to the console, possibly being displayed in the Editor Console or the one that is added to development players? I'd check these places and the Editor or Player logs in the mean time... (I'm totally aware, that that won't always be a reasonable workaround, e.g. for UI texts and Localization stuff...)