Search Unity

Question Export .asset File as PNG Tile Map?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rpuli21, Jan 26, 2023.

1. rpuli21

rpuli21

Hey, I have been trying to find an answer all over, I contacted unity over a month ago about how to find my purchase but have just gotten radio silence. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction because I don't even know what to search at this point...

Base Objective: Basically I have purchased an asset package but I am not interested in using unity. Places say that you can use them outside, but what I am finding won't tell me how to get access to the tile pallets.

What I can do: I have downloaded the asset pack to my computer by making a new program and adding it. I have found the file location for these assets and looked through it. I have found a ton of the tiles, some exist as pngs which I can work with, most exist as ".asset" files. I know that there are more than I am finding because there is an atlas included which has all of the files shown in it, but only some exist as png. I have looked through everything and found a ton of what I need that exist as .asset files by their name, but don't exist anywhere but the atlas file as a png.

What I think I want: If I could get the png tile maps which must exist somewhere in the .asset files so I can use them within another engine that would be great, or if they exist somewhere else if I could find them.

For Reference: I have the Super Retro Collection, but I can't really use much. I found the atlas under Super_Retro_Collection\Resources\Environments, I found some pngs under Super_Retro_Collection\Resources\Environments\TilePalette\Autotiles\root\animated, I found the trees that I am after under C:\Users\pill8\My project\Assets\Gif\Super_Retro_Collection\Resources\Environments\TilePalette\Tiles but only as .asset and .asset.meta...

ONOEDIT likes this.
  2. rpuli21

rpuli21

Literally a month later and I can't use the assets that I paid for. This is lovely.

ONOEDIT likes this.
  3. flasker

flasker

do you know that when you buy an asset you must complain to the creator of the asset and not to unity?

who got your money? who is responsible to listen to your demands?

ONOEDIT likes this.
  4. ONOEDIT

ONOEDIT

Are you still active RPuli? You can either buy a $20 Unity Asset File Converter or like me, fed up with being assets that I don't understand so they don't work. I am just going to PrintScreen & put it into Paint or Gimp & sharpen, but in GIMP I can take the BMP into a Normal Map PNG & put back into my game