Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Export animations seperate from model using Blender?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by WARdd, Jul 21, 2020.

1. WARdd

WARdd

My current project relies on a very complicated model (~80 bones, ~200 animations), which I'm making in Blender. My problem is that Unity is taking very long, to import this model, so it's taking way too long to iterate changes to the animations. Keeping the file outside of my asset folder and exporting an FBX helped a bit, but it's still taking 5-10 minutes per import.

I was wondering if there's an elegant way to split off groups of anmiations to seperate files, so that I can tell Unity to import say a set of 10 animations in stead of all 200 when I need to make a small change. Currently my best option seems to be to just copy the blend file 20 times and deleting off all but a few animations in each file. That would make it very annoying to make changes to the model though, so it doesn't seam ideal.

Anything better I could do?