Search Unity

Other Export .anim File as Bone System

Discussion in 'Animation' started by hippinbippen, Sep 28, 2022.

1. hippinbippen

hippinbippen

Hi, I have a downloaded .anim file, and I opened it in Unity to view it. My goal is to obtain the rig data/bones from the animation and import it into 3Ds Max. 3Ds Max does not identify .anim files, so here's my question: How do I export the animation's bone system from Unity? A few things I encountered:

1. I tried to export the .anim file from Unity by converting it to FBX. However, the animation needs to be a controller to the model, alongside adding the rig/avatar. I imported my model into Unity, but I do not have a bone system/avatar to apply to the avatar; this exports the FBX as a still model with no animation.

2. I notice that .anim files contain animation curves and numerical data that enacts on different parts of the rig. If I cannot obtain a bone system that works with the animation curves for the .anim file, then here is an additional question to elaborate on my overall question: is it possible to obtain the bone system of the test model? I see that the animation works with the default test model under the inspector, and it has named, rigged parts that react to the curves of the .anim file. I might be incorrect about this, but the test model must have a bone system being used with the .anim file.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 204845.png

Screenshot 2022-09-27 211336.png