Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice

Explosion pack. RELEASED!!!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by 3dDude, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hintze

Hintze

is it possible to change the color of the cascading dirt?
    cause I think it would kinda odd if you would use that color on grass.
    awesome explosions btw

2. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Go into the particle emitter and change the particle animator colors.

3. Hintze

Hintze

k, thx, I haven´t bought it yet, i´m just a potential customer.

4. 3dDude

3dDude

Yes you can change the animator color... Or you can change the material color... I think the material color is faster.

Thanks!

5. Sollthar

Sollthar

Awesome! Consider it bought and used in my game 3dDude! You're fantastic!

Edit: Erm, The asset store isn't working for me for some reason. Any chance of buying it from you directly?

6. Sean

Sean

Just saw a couple videos of your work, you really do a good job, it looks great very realistic.

7. sabrexx

sabrexx

Any word on the ios performance of this? I'm jonesing to get it :)

8. 3dDude

3dDude

Thanks!
    It is being worked on :) I don't have unity IOS.. So I can't test it myself... But it will be coming soon!

Cheers!

9. sabrexx

sabrexx

I couldn't wait any longer so I bought it anyway. I get these errors when I try to build and deploy it on ios though:

Assets/Ian's Explosion Pack/Scripts/FireFade.js(14,42): BCE0019: 'materials' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets/Ian's Explosion Pack/Scripts/FireFade.js(16,24): BCE0019: 'materials' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets/Ian's Explosion Pack/Scripts/Move.js(19,42): BCE0019: 'material' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets/Ian's Explosion Pack/Scripts/Move.js(28,24): BCE0019: 'material' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Assets/Ian's Explosion Pack/Scripts/RubbleCreater.js(23,16): BCE0019: 'rigidbody' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Object'.

Assets/Ian's Explosion Pack/Scripts/RubbleCreater.js(26,23): BCE0019: 'rigidbody' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Object'.

Assets/Ian's Explosion Pack/_DemoScene/GUIEffectPicker.js(6,69): BCE0019: 'explosionPrefab' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Component'.

10. 3dDude

3dDude

Hmmm, Thanks for buying :D

Alright, I don't have unity Iphone, but I am pretty sure that each script won't work without some change? I have no experience with Iphone scripting so it probably wouldn't work the first time.

I think I know how to fix some of those problems... Later today I will read up on Iphone scripting. And hopefully I can fix all those problems.... :/

In the meantime... Apart from the Iphone errors. Did it work ok in editor? If so like my signature says. Ratings help me out loads... With more ratings I can pick up more sales.
    With more sales I have more motivation to put up packs and post updates... In the end, Ratings help us all :)

That goes for anyone else reading this who has bought anything else on the AssetStore. A simple rating really does help!

Cheers!

11. sawfish

sawfish

These problems arise due to the fact that the scripts are not using #pragma strict.

Add that to the start of the scripts (for iOS or Android) and resolve the typing errors you find within and you should be able to run it on the phones.

"When using JavaScript the most important optimization is to use static typing instead of dynamic typing."

12. sabrexx

sabrexx

Hi there,
    I have been so busy at work that I've only just had a chance to try out this explosion pack. I would love to give it a rating, but I only need it for ios and unfortunately the effects aren't performant enough to be run on my original ipad. A scene that is typically running at 70fps will drop to less than 30 with a single SimpleExplosion. They look really good, and I would love to give it a high rating, if only i were able to use them :(

13. 3dDude

3dDude

Hmmmm,

As I said it is being tested on the Iphone... I will try to add some more optimized textures/Particle counts.

I am not sure how the testing is going... Sawfish was testing it before.

Cheers!

14. Eva Maria

Eva Maria

Please release a second "iPhonepack" (if you manage that it works on IOS) and please state in the description how many draw-calls it needs ;-)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  15. FIllbiker

FIllbiker

I can't get it work for iOS, still compiler error when Build. I tried to add "#pragma strict" into the scripts, but all your scripts can't compile then. :( Cau you upload repaired scripts for iOS build somewhere please?

16. erenaydin

erenaydin

Nice explosions, I will get it.

17. pneill

pneill

Did this pack ever get updated to support the iOS?

18. 3dDude

3dDude

No, sorry. None of my packs have ever supported IOS.

19. pneill

pneill

That's a pity. They're absolutely fantastic packs. Is there a technical reason why you don't support mobile or is it more of a lack of resources for testing?

20. 3dDude

3dDude

Well, I have tried to test it with a few people and usually after a few communications I stop hearing from them.. Plus I don't now how to write and optimize code for IOS. I think technically with particles, I could get it to run on IOS though...

Cheers

21. mattybinks

mattybinks

Hey 3dDude, do you still need testing help with this? I'm working on an app that would really benefit by building on your work.

22. 3dDude

3dDude

I have no knowledge of IOS scripting, or performance, so if there were to be tests, I probably could not help much..

Cheers

23. pneill

pneill

Hey Ian,

Any chance you'll be converting any of your packs to the new particle system?

24. 3dDude

3dDude

Hello
    Everybody seems to be asking me this... The old system is still supported. The new system lacks some features that would allow me to convert them.

New packs may use it though.

Cheers

25. Phill123

Phill123

Hi, Great explosion pack!

I do find it a bit strange though that after all this time, i reloaded it the other day and i STILL have to manually add 'var i : int;' for it to work. This would be a 10 second fix from you end unless i'm misunderstanding something?

Also on 3.5.7 it has become useless to me, as i can no longer update scale. The update scale button is simply gone.
    Am i doing something wrong? its always been there before.

Cheers