Search Unity

Resolved Expired Unity Cloud iOS Setup certificate?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Toni_Doublet, Sep 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toni_Doublet

Toni_Doublet

Hi everyone,

We're having issues with the Unity Cloud Build sharing system on iOS.
    On a new device, we attempted to install a cloud built application via QRCode.
    It then downloaded the UnitySetup profile. Unfortunately, we were unable to install that profile as its authenticity could not be verified.
    When hitting the "More details" button, we noticed *.cloud.unity3d.com is expired for two weeks as you can see on the attached screenshots.

Anyone encountered the same problem?
    What can we do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Barb-Unity

Barb-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We managed to reproduce this issue on our side, so our developers are currently investigating it. I see that you've also submitted a ticket, so you will be informed once there is any new information or a resolution.

Cheers!

3. Toni_Doublet

Toni_Doublet

Many thanks for your feedback!
    Best!

4. wrossmck-unity

wrossmck-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi All,

We think we fixed the expired certificate, but for reasons we don't quite understand the certificate is still showing up as "Not Verified".

5. Toni_Doublet

Toni_Doublet

Hi!

The profile is indeed no longer expired.
    However, we are still unable to get it installed on an iPhone 8 Plus as its authenticity cannot be verified.

Thanks for your efforts!

6. wrossmck-unity

wrossmck-unity

Unity Technologies

OK we were worried that would continue to cause problems, we'll need to investigate this further to eventually get that verified.

7. erisonve

erisonve

Any update on this ? I am facing the same issue

8. chickgamestudios

chickgamestudios

Any update on this? same issue.

I see that certificate expires: 25 September 2023
    DigiCert Expires: 8 March 2023

but I still can't install

9. wrossmck-unity

wrossmck-unity

Unity Technologies

10. ForeignMatter

ForeignMatter

I seem to be having the same issue still.

IMG_0001.jpeg IMG_0002.jpeg IMG_0003.jpeg

11. mike6502

mike6502

The profile won’t install for me today either. Tested on two different iOS devices. Yesterday, I was able to install iOS builds fine, as normal, but today I see a "Detect Device" link instead of "Install." When the profile downloads, I cannot install it. I can go through the steps until I tap the Install button, but it just loads the DevOps dashboard page in Safari. When I return to the settings app, the profile still asks to be installed.

I noticed that the DevOps and Build Automation pages and links changed today. Is the profile Device Enrollment Challenge callback URL still valid?

Also note that I had to completely clear the Safari cache for the new profile to download. Before clearing the cache, the Detect Device link just redirected to a few pages before landing on the DevOps dashboard.

IMG_0212.jpeg IMG_0211.jpeg

12. EscapeTheBoom

EscapeTheBoom

Same here. Thanks for the detailed description. Any updates on this?

13. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

We are aware of issues presently with using Share links created on the Service. We are currently investigating and while I don't have any ETA I expect we will have more information by tomorrow. I will update this thread when the issue is resolved or we have more information to share.

Thanks for your patience on this.

14. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

Our dev team is actively working on getting this fixed, although the underlying cause is quite complex so it is taking some time to work through. While I have no ETA, I will continue to update this thread with any news.

Thank you for your patience.

15. jlemosz

jlemosz

Unity Technologies

Hi all, the fix is in production. Please let us know if there are any issues.

16. mike6502

mike6502

Thank you, I can install fine from Share Links now, without needing to install any profiles. However, I still cannot install from the Build Details page. The symptoms are the same as I described above.

17. mike6502

mike6502

Hi @UnityPeterD and @jlemosz, sorry for the bump, but we are still seeing the issue as I described above.

18. jcharette_idream

jcharette_idream

Same. I've tried it on iOS 17.2, and when clicking Install from the Profile Downloaded screen, enter my passcode, press Install again, and then Install one more time. It then re-directs me to a UnityID login screen without installing the profile. Logging in does not help.

19. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hey folks, sorry for not picking up on this sooner, I've passed this along to the dev team (re: the issue still occurs with installs from the Build Details).

20. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hey folks, this might have been related to another change recently which was only just fixed, please let me know if the problem persists.

21. mike6502

mike6502

I still see the same issue when trying to install from the Build Details page. Repro'd after clearing Safari data.

22. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hi Mike,

Just to be sure, are you doing this with a new build or an existing one? The issue was with the naming of the build artifact, so the fix will likely only work with a new build.

Let me know. Thanks!

23. jcharette_idream

jcharette_idream

@UnityPeterD We just created a brand new iOS build, and I still can't install the device detection iOS profile. It's the same loop as before. Once you click the final Install for the profile, the phone redirects me to a UnityID login page. If I login, it redirects me to the Unity Cloud login page. I've tried both the share and download links. Is there something else we can try?

24. mike6502

mike6502

I also just kicked a new build, and I am still seeing the same problem exactly as I described above.

25. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hi @jcharette_idream could you open a support ticket for that, so I can take a closer look? Apologies for the delay in picking up on your response here.

26. SplenShepard

SplenShepard

My team is having the issue as well. Let me know and I can send you whatever details you need. Brand new cloud build.

SkyTech6 likes this.
  27. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hi @SplenShepard,

Please open a support ticket if you have not already :) I think we are seeing the impact of a rollback we made since the change that fixed this issue caused other problems. I'd have to take a closer look at the project in question :)

Thanks and hope you enjoyed the holidays!

SplenShepard likes this.
  28. johnfelts

johnfelts

@UnityPeterD Is this still an issue? We're setting up our first iOS build and having these exact issues. These are my steps as well:

When clicking Install from the Profile Downloaded screen, enter my passcode, press Install again, and then Install one more time. It then re-directs me to a UnityID login screen without installing the profile. Logging in does not help.

29. lindanordstrom

lindanordstrom

We are seeing the same issue, 2 out of 6 in our team can install and download the app successfully, but the other 4 are facing the same issue. All of them are added with their device UDID to the Ad Hoc provisioning profile.

30. lindanordstrom

lindanordstrom

We found the issue on our side, it was due to us opening the link from slack (in the integrated browser). Then it won't work. But if copying the link and open it in Safari it will work as expected. Just FYI.

Solution presented in this thread :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.