Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Expired subscription products don't have receipt

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by andymads, Feb 13, 2020.

1. andymads

andymads

It seems we cannot call getSubscriptionInfo for subscription products that have expired as the product no longer has a receipt attached. Why is this? The information is still available in the app receipt right?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I will need to confirm, but I believe this is correct. We are simply passing along the information provided by the stores. Are you perhaps wanting to offer a special deal for users that have previously purchased a subscription?

3. andymads

andymads

The reason I'm asking is that we're seeing support tickets where players are saying that they're unsubscribed from our game for a few days at the end of the monthly billing period, before the subscription is then enabled again. We believe this is happening because we can't query the subscription information as there's no receipt, and hence we mark the player as not subscribed. Our understanding, though, is that Apple have a grace period, where they repeatedly try to take payment, but the player remains subscribed.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

All billing is done by Apple, we don't handle any of that part. And I assume you mean unsubscribed from a product IN the game, not the game subscription itself. We only help to manage In In-App Purchases, not game purchases or subscriptions

5. andymads

andymads

Yes, sorry, I meant unsubscribed from a product - in this case a monthly auto renewable.