Search Unity

Question Experiencing Delay In Participant Events.

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by Sourabh_PTW, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Sourabh_PTW

Sourabh_PTW

• Vivox Version - 15.1.17
    • Unity - 2021.2.7f1
    • Platform - IOS/Window/Mac
    I have 3 channels in my Game
    1. Global Text Channel (Non Positional) - A
    2. Global Voice Channel (Non Positional) - B
    3. Spatial Voice Channel (Positional Channel) - C

Game States :-
    1. Users first joined to A,B.
    2. Users needs to join all three, so before going to this state disconnecting users form 2 channels (A,B) then joining them in channels with the order as C=>A=>B.
    3. Also setting up the users Transmission Mode to All or One (To C Channel) according to their position to one particular user (Super User).
    4. Users can also mute them self locally.
    5. Users are muting and unmuting few users locally according to some game logic.
    With the above game states I am "Experiencing Delay in Participant Events".

2. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

How much delay are you experiencing? Vivox allows you to use event delegates that are synchronous. The events happen really fast (like in a couple ms) so if your gameplay logic is slow (ex.. doing a lot of work in Unity's Update() loop) then by the time your events are invoked you may experience lag.

Since you are not getting any errors, I think the lag is a result of your gameplay logic. I would need to see some of your code to be able to help you out further

3. Sourabh_PTW

Sourabh_PTW

I am getting 10sec to 1 min delay, Not seeing any lag while playing the game. I described the Logic related to Vivox happening in the game play. Can frequent mute unmute and channel connection disconnection cause the delay?

And sorry for late reply haven't received notification mail.