Search Unity

Experience with ORK framework versus RPG All-In-One?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elvirais, Jul 13, 2017.

1. elvirais

elvirais

I'm looking for a good RPG framework for a classic, party based RPG. Both ORK and RPGAIO get good reviews, anyone who has tried both and can comment on that?

Also do they both support real time with pause combat?

2. Havok_ZA

Havok_ZA

Did you make a decision on this eventually?
    Also comparing the two.
    It helps that RPG All in One is $50 special at the moment.

3. elvirais

elvirais

I went with Ork Framework but I didn't try out RPG all in one. But it's too early to say
    so far. The tutorials are very good though (both movies and text, very nice since i'm a text-oriented person) and I'm slowly working my way through them, replacing the tutorial assets with my own, adding a bit of dialogue...

4. Havok_ZA

Havok_ZA

Great, well good luck! :)
    I'm still deciding...also have an RPG type project and although I bought Game Creator (and it seems for the game I have in mind it will work well) I'm actually looking to the future slightly in that if i need maybe more features then both Ork and RPG All in one have those features built in.

ORK does seem to be the one to go for, esp since it supports more platforms it seems. Although the RPG all in one does have some great roadmap features.

5. Pixelith

Pixelith

I don't know if this counts for anything, but Ork has a free version on their website you can use. It should give you a good idea for its systems and how to use it

Havok_ZA likes this.
  6. Havok_ZA

Havok_ZA

Thanks Shiro_Rin, spotted that and downloaded it. Will have a look at it over the weekend

Pixelith likes this.