Search Unity

Question Expanding width of items on a table when vertical scrollbar inactive

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by lakired, Mar 21, 2023.

1. lakired

lakired

Hi! I have an issue that's probably easily resolvable for someone with more experience, but I've tried searching for a solution myself and have come up empty handed.

I have a Scroll View with a vertical scroll bar on the right hand side. For its content, I have a prefab GameObject with a horizontal layout group and two children (one button, one TMP Text), which is added in (or later hidden) via code. The result is a scrollable list of items, with two elements side by side creating a small table. All of this works fine except I can't get the rightside element (the text box) to expand to fill in the empty space when there are too few elements to require a scrollbar (or conversely, to shrink when the scrollbar is active if I increase its width). This is purely an aesthetic issue, but it's really annoying me that I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!

2. orloKun

orloKun

Hi lakired. Does the scrollview content object have a layout group component (horizontal or vertical)? With those components you can choose to force childrens to expand either vertically or horizontally depending on your need. Also, a content size fitter would also be needed to keep the content flexible to your list of objects.

3. lakired

lakired

Yes, it has both a vertical layout component and a content size fitter on the content object. None of the force settings work to get the contents to expand into the space vacated by the scrollbar.

4. orloKun

orloKun

Can you show a picture of your setup (Hierarchy and Inspector)? Do the child objects have any component that might be resizing it?