Search Unity

Exit Node in Sub-State Machine

Discussion in 'Animation' started by RemDust, Jan 2, 2020.

1. RemDust

RemDust

Hello guys,
    I don't seem to be able to use Exit Node in my substate machines, if always returns the "most parent" Entry node, which is REALLY annoying ^^'

I suppose there is a way of doing that (as it seems really useful for a lot of cases) but can't get it to work.
    Any help would be very appreciated :)

EDIT :
    I also notice that the ANY STATE node works the same, these nodes are shared between all the substate machine where it would be SO USEFULL to have the possibility to make them "substate limited"

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

I'm not surprised since there are many similar restrictions in the Animator Controller system. You either use it in the very specific way that it expects things to work or you probably need to use scripts to hack your way around the problem and end up with far more complexity than the Animator Controller saved in the first place.

You might be interested in Animancer (link in my signature) which lets you avoid Animator Controllers entirely and has its own optional state machine system that you can customise however you like or replace entirely.

RemDust likes this.