Search Unity

Exec format error

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by BumblebeeStudios, Jul 24, 2013.

1. BumblebeeStudios

BumblebeeStudios

Hi everyone,

I am trying to port a game straight from the Android version into Blackberry.
    There is not much documentation about Blackberry development so far, so I wanted to check what works and what not before submitting the app to BB World. I don't have any Blackberry device so I downloaded the emulator from RIM website and tried to install the game into it. I am running the emulator into Vmware Fusion on a Mac.
    I got the code signing files from RIM and imported them into the project. I have also successfully created the debug token and imported it into my project (even if I cannot see it listed in the emulated devices "Development Mode" screen as this tutorial shows: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/05/unity-blackberry-10/).
    Everything works fine when I "build an run" the app to the device, the game icon appears on the desktop of the emulator, but when the app is started nothing happens and I get this message in the Unity console:

Info: Sending request: Launch
    Info: Action: Launch
    Info: Development mode: on
    Info: Launching [...]
    Error: Failed to create application process: Exec format error

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Anyone knows how I can solve this problem or at least get some more information on what can cause it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Simone Odoardi
    Bumblebee Studios

2. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

Not sure if this will help but:

Did you try to just build the app then install it on the emulator without using "Build and Run"?

3. QSBen

QSBen

I am having this issue as well. I have been unable to install the game via the Blackberry SDK IDE (it always says I need to configure the SDK even though it has been configured). However the game is installed when using Build Run from Unity. I get the same launch error from Unity as Simone and launching from the Simulator does not work either. I have tried retrieving a log file via Unity as well but it does not seem that one is ever generated since the game refuses to launch.

4. BumblebeeStudios

BumblebeeStudios

Thanks for your replies.
    Yes, I have tried to install the app through the CLI too and it works, but it doesn't run anyway.
    I have also tried to reset the emulator to check if had messed up with the keys but the problem persists.
    To be sure that there was not any issue with the app, I have also deployed a stripped down version of the app that just shows a text dialog but it crashed anyway.
    As Ben said, you can't even retrieve information from the log. I don't know where to start from to resolve this issue.

5. BumblebeeStudios

BumblebeeStudios

Ok, a quick update from Blackberry. The emulator does NOT work with Unity yet.

6. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Thx, for sharing that...