Search Unity

Excluding some folders workflow as of 0.5.3

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by 5argon, Jan 4, 2019.

1. 5argon

5argon

I have dragged a folder containing many folders as one group. However inside it, there are images that got packed into SpriteAtlas. This SpriteAtlas is also in the top level big folder. The result is I got both atlas texture and individual textures which serves no purpose, since I am using images from the atlas.

So I got an idea to create "noninclude" folder where the SpriteAtlas use for packing (drag "noninclude" to the packing list field on the atlas asset), then I drag all of the "noninclude" folders in a separated group, so that they got pulled out from the main big group.

Building at this state would returns a duplicated asset error since the noninclude group conflict with the individual assets that the atlas asset seems to pulled into the build. So to stop the noninclude group from building, I removed all schema from the group asset

Screenshot 2019-01-04 19.25.27.png

Now it builds with only packed atlas. However at anytime I recompile a script it keeps putting back the schema I removed :

Screenshot 2019-01-04 19.26.27.png

The "keep putting back" behaviour leads me to think that maybe this is not the intended way because those schema are required, or is it a bug and I am supposed to do it this way? Thank you. By the way, I can't figure out what is "content update group schema" from the name alone. What happen if I don't have it?

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

To be clear, the high level of what you were after was to mark a folder as addressable, but flag some of the contents of the folder as "don't be addressable"

Assuming that's right, this wasn't intended (clearly since we re-add the schema), but it's an interesting idea. I've added a ticket to our backlog to look into how we would like to have "excluded assets" in addresables. For today, I think you could create your own schema that was empty. I'm fairly certain we only re-add schemas if we find a group with none.

MNNoxMortem and 5argon like this.
  3. unity_bill

unity_bill

fyi, this works as of 0.7.5-preview.

5argon likes this.