Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Exclude From TAA

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Korindian, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Korindian

Korindian

I just saw in the release notes for version 10.3.0 that there is now an "Exclude From TAA" option for output nodes (in the inspector). I just have to say to the VFX Graph devs, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! It's solving a problem I was having related to Output Particle Points dimming and disappearing due to TAA.

I noticed that the option doesn't appear when the blend mode is set to opaque. Is it not possible at all to render points as opaque without TAA?

2. samshool

samshool

same here...opaque takes that option away...also i just started messing with this feature today, but even after checking exclude from TAA and switching to additive/alpha unity will still continue to include the vfx in TAA and im getting ghosting still...is it working for you please let me know!!....other than switching to TAA in camera is there anything else we need to enable to make this feature work?

3. Korindian

Korindian

Hey, I just checked, and with Output Particle Points, I'm still getting Alpha, Additive, and Alpha Premultiplied to work with "Exclude From TAA". I'm still not able to get opaque to work with it.

I also don't seem to be getting ghosting with that option, but that could be due to my TAA settings.

4. gabriel-delacruz

gabriel-delacruz

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    "Exclude from TAA" is disabled in opaque outputs because it can't work when particles end up in the G-buffer (in deferred lighting). We'll investigate if it is possible to enable it in for opaque when using forward lighting.
    Regarding ghosting, this feature does not completely remove ghosting, but it should improve visibility. This is because it affects the pixels where the particle is this frame, but not the pixels where it was the previous frame. That being said, unfortunately there was a bug recently that was ignoring "Exclude from TAA" in some HDRP outputs, it should be fixed in HDRP 12 package.
    Hope that helps!

Vita- and Korindian like this.
  5. Korindian

Korindian

Thank you for that explanation. I'm using forward lighting in HDRP, so investigating the possibility to exclude opaque from TAA sounds great!

gabriel-delacruz likes this.
  6. cubrman

cubrman

I wonder why I can't have this option in my Lit shaders? At least for transparent objects? This would be MASSIVE as such things like tree leaves and moving foliage in general look like S*** with TAA and that "Motion vectors for animated vertices" or smth. checkbox does NOTHING.