Search Unity

Exceptions being logged despite option being disabled

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Patrick_PS, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Patrick_PS

Patrick_PS

[Unity 2018.4.18f; addressables 1.11.2]

I just upgraded from addressables 1.10.0, restarted the editor and am now being swamped by "Exception encoutered in operation ... InvalidKeyException ..." errors despite the option "Log Runtime Exceptions" being disabled.

About the exceptions: They are perfectly normal. I know the files don't exist but the code does not (as it should). All this is doing is hiding actual exceptions.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

3. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Patrick_PS Just curious, have you tried cleaning your build cache and rebuilding your content data? Also does this only happen in Use Existing Build mode or do all the Play Mode scripts log these errors?

4. Patrick_PS

Patrick_PS

I was using "fastest" mode when I reported the error.

I rebuild the bundles and tested with both "fastest" and "Use Existing Build". With "Use Existing Build" there were no errors in the console, with "fastest" there were.

So the issue here is that when "fastest" mode is used the option to hide exceptions is ignored. I develop for mobile so I need to use "fastest" in the editor

5. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah ok, I see. Definitely sounds like a bug. Can you use that link that @TreyK-47 posted and file a bug for this? Sounds like something we need to fix.

6. Patrick_PS

Patrick_PS

Hi, I updated to addressables 1.15 and this is still an issue. I set the bool to true, restarted the editor, set the bool to false, restarted the editor and the "exceptions" are still being logged.

7. tealm

tealm

I had similar issues, not sure they are related but deleting Library folder and restarting Unity fixed it for me.

8. Patrick_PS

Patrick_PS

I just finished reimporting all assets and the exceptions are still logged.