Search Unity

Bug Exception popup when user is not logged in

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by Xarbrough, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Recently, my team is seein a lot of these popups:

image.png

It shows when Gluon is opened with an active workspace and a checkin is attempted, for example.

It turns out, this only means that the user is not logged in. At least, if we run the Client Configuration Wizard and log in again, everything works fine.

Not sure when this might have been introduced or if there are specific cases that triggers it, but we are using Plastic SCM Cloud version 10.0.16.5790 (almost the most recent one).

2. croquer

croquer

Unity Technologies

Hi @Xarbrough do you mind to write us to support at plasticscm dot com?

We would like to requests more information and logs.

3. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I sent a report, but I also noticed that the error is really more of a usability suggestion. Some team members reported that they have been automatically logged out and then only saw the posted error popup, but when I try to reproduce the issue I don't see a reason why the user was logged out and also I see a more helpful message together with a login dialog prompt.

I found some strange interactions that could be produced by removing the user credentials, then refreshing the workspace or updating, which would cause Gluon to show three messages at the same time: a big red user message, the slightly less verbose exception handler popup and the login dialog prompt. Or sometimes only the error would show. So overall I understand how this could confuse some people.

It would be better if there was only a single popup or message that was clearer, e.g. "Update operation failed. No credentials provided. Please login." and then show a login button that opens the login dialog prompt.

I listed the reproduction steps in my email. Thank you for looking into it, but please mark it as low priority! :)

4. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

My mail is being handled as zendesk request 27304. As always, Plastic support is extremely fast with their responses. :)

5. croquer

croquer

Unity Technologies

Thank you! I can see your ticket @Xarbrough and we will work to know why the user got logoff, in the meantime if you or your team experience the problem again please contact us again because we would like to get connected and retrieve some information from your machine, log and details.