Search Unity

Bug Exception only in build

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by b4gn0, Jan 31, 2021.

1. b4gn0

b4gn0

Hello, we have this exception only in the build.
    Unity version 2020.2.2f1
    Animation Rigging 1.0.3

If we leave burst enabled, it just crashes.

With burst disabled, we get this exception:

Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The PropertyStreamHandle cannot be resolved.
    2.   at UnityEngine.Animations.PropertyStreamHandle.CheckIsValidAndResolve (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream& stream) [0x00091] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules\Animation\ScriptBindings\AnimationStreamHandles.bindings.cs:295
    3.   at UnityEngine.Animations.PropertyStreamHandle.GetFloat (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream stream) [0x00001] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules\Animation\ScriptBindings\AnimationStreamHandles.bindings.cs:299
    4.   at UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging.FloatProperty.Get (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream stream) [0x00000] in C:\Sources\Medievalien\Game\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.animation.rigging@1.0.3\Runtime\AnimationJobs\IAnimatableProperty.cs:168
    5.   at UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging.ChainIKConstraintJob.ProcessAnimation (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream stream) [0x000e8] in C:\Sources\Medievalien\Game\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.animation.rigging@1.0.3\Runtime\AnimationJobs\ChainIKConstraintJob.cs:71
    6.   at UnityEngine.Animations.ProcessAnimationJobStruct`1[T].Execute (T& data, System.IntPtr animationStreamPtr, System.IntPtr methodIndex, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) [0x00036] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules\Animation\Managed\ProcessAnimationJobStruct.cs:49
    7.   at (wrapper delegate-invoke) UnityEngine.Animations.ProcessAnimationJobStruct`1+ExecuteJobFunction[UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging.ChainIKConstraintJob].invoke_void_T&_intptr_intptr_JobRanges&_int(UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging.ChainIKConstraintJob&,intptr,intptr,Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges&,int)
    What is causing this?

2. WhereIsMyCarDude

WhereIsMyCarDude

I am getting a similar error now. I have submitted a bug report Case 1364202.
    I get it on unity 2020.3.17f1, Animation Rigging 1.0.3 and Burst 1.3.4

I only get it if I have it in an AssetBundle.

On StandaloneWindows64 build I get a crash and in editor I get an error. Any idea of why I get this?

Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The PropertyStreamHandle cannot be resolved.
    2. UnityEngine.Animations.PropertyStreamHandle.CheckIsValidAndResolve (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream& stream) (at <ad0a7939819048a0a161f66558c98867>:0)
    3. UnityEngine.Animations.PropertyStreamHandle.GetFloat (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream stream) (at <ad0a7939819048a0a161f66558c98867>:0)
    4. UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging.FloatProperty.Get (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream stream) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.animation.rigging@1.0.3/Runtime/AnimationJobs/IAnimatableProperty.cs:168)
    5. UnityEngine.Animations.Rigging.TwoBoneIKConstraintJob.ProcessAnimation (UnityEngine.Animations.AnimationStream stream) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.animation.rigging@1.0.3/Runtime/AnimationJobs/TwoBoneIKConstraintJob.cs:49)
    6. UnityEngine.Animations.ProcessAnimationJobStruct`1[T].Execute (T& data, System.IntPtr animationStreamPtr, System.IntPtr methodIndex, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at <ad0a7939819048a0a161f66558c98867>:0)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

3. WhereIsMyCarDude

WhereIsMyCarDude

I saw that there was an update for Animation Rigging and tried that new version (1.1.1 and burst 1.4.11) but it did not fix the problem.

4. WhereIsMyCarDude

WhereIsMyCarDude

I tried with addressables but still crashes in standalone version. Editor does not get the same error but I guess that addressables loades the prefab directly instead of through the bundle.

5. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We have received a very similar bug report lately for addressables:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...hen-animator-controller-is-changed-at-runtime

This may be the same issue you're talking about. This has been fixed internally, but is not yet available to the public. Also, this is a core issue and not a package issue, meaning you'll need to update Unity version to get the fix.

6. WhereIsMyCarDude

WhereIsMyCarDude

Awesome :)
    Is it fixed for AssetBundles as well then? Do you know what version of unity it will be fixed in so I can keep an eye out if the issue is fixed on our end?

7. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Yes, this concerns both addressables and asset bundles.

As specified in the issue tracker, this was fixed in 2022.1. Unfortunately, it may be a while before we can make this available to earlier versions and I can't provide an ETA.

8. WhereIsMyCarDude

WhereIsMyCarDude

Ok Thanks for the reply :)
    Do you know of any workaround that we can use in the meantime while we wait for the fix?

9. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, no. The only workaround is to not use adressables/asset-bundles with Animation C# Jobs as they can't resolve generic properties coming from managed scripts (like Animation Rigging's).