Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Exception: Deployment failed. Output:

Discussion in 'Windows' started by games, Oct 26, 2013.

1. games

games

Been getting this error all week. I have Windows Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone. I had been able to deploy for the past month with no issues. Then, my 30 free trial ran out, I registered the product, and have been unable to deploy ever since.

Exception: Deployment failed. Output:
    [16:47:48.535] Windows Phone 8 Runner started.
    [16:47:48.535] Opening XAP file.
    [16:47:48.535] Getting app id.
    [16:47:48.551] Getting app icon.
    [16:47:48.614] Deleting app icon.
    [16:47:48.614] Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity.DatastoreException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x89721500
    at Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity.DatastoreManager..ctor(Int32 localeId)
    at Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity.Wrapper.ConnectivityWrapper11.GetCurrentPlatform(Int32 localeId)
    at Microsoft.SmartDevice.MultiTargeting.Connectivity.MultiTargetingConnectivity.GetConnectableDevices(Boolean bNoLegacyDevices)
    at Microsoft.SmartDevice.MultiTargeting.Connectivity.MultiTargetingConnectivity..ctor(Int32 localeId, Boolean bNoLegacyDevices)
    at Unity.Program.Run(Guid appId, String iconPath, String xapPath, Boolean test)
    at Unity.Program.Run(String xapPath, Boolean test)
    at Unity.Program.Main(String[] args)
    [16:47:48.614] Exiting Windows Phone 8 Runner.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Does deploying directly from Visual Studio work?

3. games

games

Hello, deploying directly from Visual Studio does not work. Ever since registering the software, the previous projects that worked just fine now show as incompatible. I have been in contact with Microsoft on that issue and have done everything they have suggested to no success. I'm very close to doing a system wipe and attempting a new installation of everything. It's been 10 days on this issue so reaching that last resort kind of fix.

Thanks for the response Taut.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Thought so. Looks like Windows Phone SDK installation is broken. I'd suggest reinstalling windows phone SDK itself, and if that doesn't work, well, reinstalling windows might be another option.

5. games

games

Okay, all fixed. Had to reinstall windows and start from scratch but hopefully I'm back up and running for good (knock on wood.)

6. Nishank

Nishank

I am facing the same issue and i have also udatec my Windows SDK.What could be the possible solution for this problem?
    Anyone help??

7. RoadkillMike

RoadkillMike

I found that having too many developer applications installed om my WP8 device provoked the same error. Uninstalling another developer app solved the problem.

8. Vanaheim

Vanaheim

Hey, you don't have to go through the trouble of reinstalling OS and SDK. Just reset your phone and try to build again from Unity or MVS. It should work. The reason behind resetting is that there is some sort of process still running in the background which you cannot close from the task manager of the WP8.

Good luck.

MilosK likes this.
  9. MilosK

MilosK

Thanks, that worked for me. :)

Vanaheim likes this.
  10. lixiangfr

lixiangfr

thanks,that worked.