Search Unity

Example Games

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Example Games, May 24, 2012.

1. Example Games

Example Games

This is a project I built roughly two years ago, and I am thinking about making this game open source if anyone is interested in developing it further. I would like to make the code GPL, but I would be willing to put it under another license allowing commercial derivatives, so long as the derivative work links back to my site in some way. There are still some bugs that need to be worked out, and the car model and road textures need to be replaced before distribution as well. If any of the Unity developers visit this thread, please answer the following questions.

1. Can I use the sound controller and audio files from the car tutorial for my open source game?
    2. Can I use the car model from the car tutorial in my open source game?
    3. If I use either of the above assets, what license must my project be under in order to comply with the existing restrictions of the tutorial content?

So anyways, here are some screenshots, and a link to the game.

Play Spline Driver

It is a WIP, but I hope it sparks some interest since I would really like to start multiple open source games in the near future.

Last edited: May 24, 2012