Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Example Brushes Broken In New Experimental Build 3

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

I was wondering if anyone experience the problem with making a new animation brush with the example project after updating to the new experimental build. The animated tile assests that already existed still works, but when creating a new animated tile asset is created, but the inspector shows a blank GUI.

2. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

I think there's a small bug on refreshing the gui for that. Try reload the project.

3. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

I tried to refresh the UI and reload the project. Nothing new appeared in the inspector gui for the animatedtile brush, but this time I got an error for you.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.Tilemaps.AnimatedTileEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Scripts/TileScripts/AnimatedTile.cs:77)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1236)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Hope this helps some. Should I make a repo to recreate the bug.

4. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Try reset the inspector - the cog icon. Then the Number of Animated Sprites should appear.
    upload_2017-3-13_10-41-46.png

5. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Alright misread your first message. I got it working. Thank you for the fix.