Search Unity

Exam Obectives - Unity Certified Expert GamePlay Programmer

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by rgjones, Sep 27, 2017.

1. rgjones

rgjones

Hi was reviewing your Exam Objectives for Unity Certified Expert GamePlay Programmer

The answer given for the first question is incorrect, it should be D not C.

If you can have up to 128 UFO's in the scene you would not place them in the editor, you would spawn them.

2. chuwilliamson

chuwilliamson

I believe the way the question is worded is to identify what should be returned back to the pool so that it can be reused later. They do not specify that the UFO's will need to respawn but it is implied that bullets and explosions will.

3. rgjones

rgjones

If the game was an endless side scroller, the UFO's would need to be spawned. If the level was fixed with a specific number of UFO always starting in the same place, I guess C might be correct. There doesn't seem to be enough information provided to determine the best correct answer.

I still think "D" is a better answer. :)

wmadwand likes this.
  4. wmadwand

wmadwand

I think in the same way and therefore option D was chosen. It seems to be the most suitable according to the approach which is being described. Unless we have more options. Meanwhile the "correct" C got me confused so far. Yet it's not a big deal at all, guys, since the Exam is still in Beta. It's just a matter of time to get the exam program polished. At least i hold my breath. Apparently we only have to keep calm and carry on the preparation)

5. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

Hey guys how can I access the exam objectives? I've signed up on the site but no email has come with the pdf.

6. rgjones

rgjones

mr_rayskinner likes this.
  7. Rich0

Rich0

I've filled out the above form and haven't received the objectives yet... Has anyone had any luck with this?

8. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

I contacted Unity3d support and they sent me the PDF

9. Liminal-Ridges

Liminal-Ridges

Same question here. I chose D too

10. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

Also the last question about analytics is unclear.
    For me nothing more is needed to determine the top 5, because:
    levelStarted - levelCompleted = levelFailed
    Maybe the levelStarted event is called only once for each player but it is not specified in the question. On the other hand the levelTime from the A answer could give more informations about difficulty even if levels are time limited.

11. hunvee3

hunvee3

Hey guys, did anyone take the exam yet? I would like to know more questions to have a more robust idea of the exam.

ZeFirestarter likes this.
  12. subu_unity

subu_unity

Unity Technologies

13. ArmarageX

ArmarageX

Any idea when the Module 4-5 (Performance / Services) will be available?

14. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

Hello, some input on the Coursera Courses :

I audited the 5 courses, and there is no way that is enough information to even begin the Expert certification. Was this a marketing mistake? These courses are so basic they fit the profile for the standard Pro Certification not the Expert Certification.

I have been programming in Unity C# for over 5 years and this course doesn't come close to what you need to be an "Expert". Nothing in these courses are anything you can't easily learn on google or youtube. I hate to come off this way, but please release some relevant content for these certifications. I know I'm not the only one who wants to be validated, but if this course is all it takes then how can any employer feel confident they are hiring an "Expert".

15. rgjones

rgjones

I did not see an option to audit the courses like I have with other Coursera courses - how do you set that up? I only see a 7 day free trial.

16. mr_rayskinner

mr_rayskinner

You can audit the courses individually, you cannot audit the specialization. Best of luck, I'm about to take my chances with the test because it seems that this is all we are getting for now.

kamran-bigdely and ZeFirestarter like this.
  17. ZeFirestarter

ZeFirestarter

Best of luck man, let us know how it went, if it was easy or if the questions were like in the Exam Objectives examples.

18. ibyte

ibyte

@mr_rayskinner Did you ever do the Expert Gameplay Certification?