Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Exact timestamp of each revision uploaded, please.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by DavidBVal, Nov 10, 2019.

1. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

"Yesterday" is really not enough information, each revision should display a complete timestamp, in my opinion.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @DavidBVal, we understand that the current timestamp settings in the History window is not as clear as some users would prefer. That's why the new UX for Collaborate, which is coming in 2020.1, will give users the option to toggle between this timestamp option and a more clear one that just lists the exact time a commit was made.

3. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Good to know, but will we be able to use this in 2018.4? or we'll be stuck with everything as is if we stay with this LTS version?

There's not a single day I don't have problems with Collab of some sort... as is, it is becoming more of a problem than an actual tool.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

We wanted very badly to make the new UX available for 2018.4, but because it's being built on a new UI framework that won't be made available in older versions, we're limited to how far we can back port our changes.

I'm sorry that you've been running into so many issues with Collab, but the new UX should dramatically help with many ease-of-use complaints we've gotten over the years.