Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

EWS SceneView Context Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ModStoryGames, Jul 30, 2013.

1. ModStoryGames

ModStoryGames

Epic Win Society
    SceneView Context Menu v2

*Click the image above to see an imgur album of all the screens.

This is the SceneView Context Menu. It is a very small, very easy-to-use tool for enhancing your workflow within the SceneView windows. The SceneView Context Menu becomes active in the scene when you open the SceneView Context Menu Window (SCM Editor). This editor window exposes a few settings options that will allow you to define how the context menu is activated. You can open it with a single-or-double click of the left, middle, or right mouse buttons. You can also require Ctrl, Alt, and/or Shift to be held, too.

The Context Menu comes with a few simple built-in menu options that mirror the GameObject/Create menus, as well as a Toggle Play Mode option, Duplicate and Delete selected options, and Save Scene. But these are just to get you started. You can add your own workflow enhancing menu items by writing public static methods with an attribute that allows you to determine when a menu item should appear (for one selected GameObject, No selected, multiple selected, any number selected, or any situation). As of version 2, you can even make menu items that only appear when a selected game object has a specific component (such as Transform or Camera).

The SceneView Context Menu is currently available for $2 USD on the Asset Store.

If you have any questions, post here or send me an email at eddy.ews@gmail.com.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Good work man when you release this tool.

3. ModStoryGames

ModStoryGames

It still is not on the Asset Store, but I have a small update. I've changed the way menu items are loaded and menus are generated, and I've added the ability to display menu items only when a certain component is selected. For example, to test the feature, you can click on any GameObject with a Transform to see the "Move to World Center" command. (Yes, I know all GameObjects have Transforms. It's just the first component-specific method I wrote for the context menu.)

I'll add more options for different components before I send it in. Other than that, you can now toggle the menu with a key press while in the scene view, as well as toggle it from the editor window. This will allow you to disable the context menu when you want normal use of the SceneView camera without closing and opening the editor window. You can choose which key to use for this, as well.

Finally, the update will come with a free control (because I needed it in the editor window). It is an EnumPicker with a scroll bar and a search textfield for those really big enums (like KeyCode) that come in Unity. It works with any enum.

That's all for now, folks. I'll update this thread when the Asset Store accepts it.

4. ModStoryGames

ModStoryGames

The SceneView Context Menu is now available for purchase on the Asset Store for 2 USD. Click the gif in the main post to see an album of animated screens showing some of the features and use of the SceneView Context Menu.

Contact me at eddy.ews@gmail.com with questions, suggestions, etc. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013