Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Everytime I update unity

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Gametyme, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Gametyme

Gametyme

I have to unlink my project or download everything again. This started a few months ago. Before I would just a warning about version change. Is this a bug?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Gametyme, so you're seeing a message about your version changing each time you update? That's a normal message that can pop up if you or others on your team are working in different versions of Unity on the same project. After you update to get the latest changes, have you looked at your ProjectVersion.txt to see which versions you're going between? Also, is there something preventing you from continuing to work that requires you to unlink your project or redownload everything after that happens?

3. Gametyme

Gametyme

Every time I update unity I have to unlink my project and reupload to use collab again. If I don't do that it will make me download my whole project again.

edit @ryanc-unity

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

So after you press Update in the Collab Toolbar, are your changes pulled from Collab but the state of the toolbar doesn't change so that you can then Publish your own changes unless you unlink and relink your project? Could you include screenshots of what you're seeing so that I can better understand your situation?