Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything pink on Mac (the "skinning broken" bug?)

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by AbandonedCart, Feb 12, 2016.

1. AbandonedCart

AbandonedCart

I fixed all of my shaders (no errors or warnings, at least). This included three .cg files that Unity was unable to update on it's own, which only appeared to have issues with the unity prefix to _object2world. I track the project with Github so that I can see what is done during an update.

After doing that, I am still left with everything pink. Is that what you meant by skinning broken or are there multiple different change to shaders (other than _object2world)?

I went back to beta 4 and the issue is no longer there, but that version forces my app into landscape, so I had to return to stable to build it. It also required re-importing a few models to get the textures back, which points to something done in the update process.

The rotation issue was caused by a splash that says "Made with Unity" that rotates the screen and it never rotates back, which also appeared to be in b5. One of the few build features that remained exclusive to Pro is being able to remove the splash screen, so I am hoping this was just something in the betas and not planned as part of the official update.

Is there anywhere to view specific changes or updates to the syntax other than the release notes? I would like to try manually updating the files first to see if that resolves the issue.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. AbandonedCart

AbandonedCart

This issue was redirected to customer support. I am providing a summary of the information obtained from that conversation so minimal time is wasted should anyone else experience a similar situation.

I have been informed that these forums are intended strictly as a place to inform Unity of any issues discovered in the beta and, in most cases, will not provide answers, support, or even acknowledgement. It was stated that while the user may not be aware, the information would be taken into consideration for future updates.

It was determined that it was the responsibility of the developer to resolve any issues with the beta, investigate API updates individually, and post any information that may help Unity improve future versions. Beta versions do not provide bug reporting and the documentation provided with the download in the only documentation that exists.

Any features demonstrated in the beta would most likely be included in the final release, although there is a slight possibility this will not always be the case.