Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything pink after creating new project from Lightweight template in 2018.1.0b13

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by pavelkouril, Apr 4, 2018.

1. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

Hello,

I tried to create a new project using the template in the hub, and am getting the demo scene completly pink, with following errors.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'graphs/Paint1G_WAnim_Shader': failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl' at line 65 (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with FOG_EXP2 _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    6. Shader error in 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Physically Based)': failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/LightweightPassLit.hlsl' at line 115 (on d3d11)
    8. Compiling Vertex program with FOG_EXP2 _NORMALMAP _METALLICSPECGLOSSMAP _OCCLUSIONMAP _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS
    9. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    12. Shader error in 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Physically Based)': failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/LightweightPassDepthOnly.hlsl' at line 172 (on d3d11)
    14. Compiling Vertex program with _SMOOTHNESS_TEXTURE_ALBEDO_CHANNEL_A
    15. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    18. Shader error in 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Physically Based)': failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/LightweightPassMeta.hlsl' at line 198 (on d3d11)
    20. Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_META _METALLICSPECGLOSSMAP
    21. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    24. Shader error in 'Hidden/LightweightPipeline/ScreenSpaceShadows': failed to open source file: 'CoreRP/ShaderLibrary/Common.hlsl' at line 12 (on d3d11)
    26. Compiling Vertex program with _SHADOWS_SOFT
    27. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    Also sent a bug report from the bug reporter in Editor.

dnnkeeper likes this.
  2. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

The issue was that somehow the Render Pipeline asset wasn't set in the Graphics Settings. Fixed it by assigning it. Maybe there could be some user-visible error about using RP shaders, but not having a settings asset set?

3. JohnSmith1915

JohnSmith1915

Play the project fix this to me.

4. sakuraplus

sakuraplus

the scene goes right after installed the packages,but materials still in pink
    while shader files like this
    11111111.jpg
    It was fixed by ‘open shader editor’ and ‘save asset’.(do not know why...)

unity_07mayhand likes this.
  5. quixotic

quixotic

Administrator

are you seeing this issue on the newest version of 2018.1 (2018.1.1)? If so will you open up a bug and share the bug number?

6. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

b13 wasn't amazing here (there was a nasty bug). Things should be good in the final release.

7. macrod

macrod

8. unity_07mayhand

unity_07mayhand

Have the similar issue in unity 2018.1

9. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

This is not really the way to work with packages, they should stay as a package, if you want to have a local development branch/version I would suggest dropping the 'com.unity' folders into the package folder in your project rather than inside of the assets directory, either that or point to the folder in the 'manifest.json' file with a local 'file' reference, this is how we develop here at Unity.

2018.1 is very old in terms of SRP, I would look at least in moving to 2018.2 considering it's out of beta now, and if you want the best LWRP experience I would keep updating through till 2019.1, it will be very much worth the occasional upgrade issues.

macrod likes this.
  10. HarveyTorres

HarveyTorres

i have a same problem here:
    Shader error in 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Physically Based)': failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/InputSurfacePBR.hlsl' at line 153 (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

P_Jong and yx-xiong like this.
  11. Futurristic

Futurristic

Hi, I am also facing same problem...
    Shader error in 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Simple Lighting)': failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/InputSurfaceSimple.hlsl' at line 138 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

P_Jong likes this.
  12. WalterKavalri

WalterKavalri

I encountered this problem with 2018.3.2f1 and was able to fix it by reimporting the shader in question. By doing that it posted another 2 errors and I did the same with them: reimport. Seems to be working now.

Amin- likes this.
  13. studentutu

studentutu

Could you recommend us what do when we are using - LWRP 3.0.0 Preview with 2018.2.20f1 ?
    All custom shaders are working fine on Windows. Mac and Android, but when ported to IOS - simple Lit and Physically-based shaders are somehow broken - we are using many low poly models and we have upgraded all of the materials to LWRP Physically-based, we tried to reimport models, change Normals - calculate by Unity - but nothing seems to work - faces towards the Light from those models with LWRP materials are either white or black when moving the directional light together with camera...

Attached Files:

14. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Hmm this should be fine, hard to tell what is going wrong though. I would suggest opening a bug but also the reality is that since this is 18.2 and LWRP was in preview(coming out of preview in 19.1) means that we are no longer doing back ports to it. I would suggest upgrading to at least 18.3 and grabbing LWRP 4.9.0-preview, this is pretty stable and should definitely render that scene fine, if not feel free to open a bug with a small repo.

15. studentutu

studentutu

Found the problem - we have custom models and their initial size was huge, so we scale them down inside the prefab. As a result - incorrect lighting on the vertices. To fix it - we just change the initial size on the model import settings.

Andre_Mcgrail likes this.
  16. Amin-

Amin-

thanks a lot, WalterKavalri... "Reimporting" worked for me too.