Search Unity

Everything Ivy - Scene Plants/Decoration

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by A_World_Maker, Mar 23, 2020.

1. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

A link to our Asset Store shop, showing all the goodies currently on sale. Worth checking out, there maybe lots of packs you have not seen. Also with the slow down on asset approvals taking upto a month, there is a backlog of packs awaiting approval.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/39958

2. vertexx

vertexx

Maybe a bit off-topic.
    But.
    Amazed at the very few comments on the beauty of this asset.
    Magnificent renders and wonderful scenes!
    Would enhance any Gardening Magazines!
    Well done indeed.

A_World_Maker likes this.
  3. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Thank you for your comments, much appreciated. I was beginning to wonder is the forums had gone off line :)

4. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded for approval, TreeGen04-Maple01 available HERE

1200x630 TreeGen04-Maple01.png

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  5. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Another new submission today, TreeGen04-PalmGroups01 available HERE
    There are 12 groups of palms, makes it easy to fast trak a beach scene with quality palms.

420x280 TreeGen04-PalmGroup01.png 1200x630 TreeGen04-PalmGroup01.png

6. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

New submission. TreeGen04 Italian Cypress 01 available HERE

Screenshot (657).png Screenshot (664).png

7. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Submission for approval, BushGen04-CurlyPalm02 available HERE

420x280 Gen04_CurlyPalms02.png 1200x630 Gen04_CurlyPalms02.png

8. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

BushGen04-BirchSpinney01 is the latest submission for approval. The pack consists of 10 groups of trees, bushes and dry thickets per group. A great way to quickly make a spinney on a small flattened area. Each group is unique and range between 3.4k-4k tris each.

1200x630 Gen04_BirchSpinney01.jpg 420x280 Gen04_BirchSpinney01.png ScreenShot_20220206152934.png
    Now available HERE

9. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

BushGen04-Bushes04 has been submitted for approval: available HERE

1200x630 BushGen04_Bushes04.png Screenshot (712).png

10. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Converting Materials between Rendering Pipelines:

Once you have imported/installed the Rendering Pipeline of choice and have created/installed the Pipeline Asset, then you can use the Convert Materials function. If this fails, simply choose a Material one at a time, and use the Dropdown selection Box, followed by the name of the Pipeline, and choose a suitable shader. The Texturing should show and not be Pink, if not check that the Maps are in the correct slots.

Import Pipeline.png Install Pipeline Asset.png Associate Rendering Pipeline With the Project.png Project Settings Quality Settings.png Convert Existing Materials.png

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  11. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Assuming that conversion did not work, select each material and use the drop down box top of the Material Inspector window, choose the Rendering Pipeline, then a suitable shader.

Choose a Shader.png
    Now you need to improve the graphics of your project by checking these settings.

Select Linear ColoUrspace.png

If that fails, check you are using the correct Rendering Pipeline in Package Manager and only have One Pipeline Installed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  12. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Just submitted for approval: TreeGen04-Trees01 available HERE

1950x1300 TreeGen04-Trees01.jpg

13. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Submitted for approval: PlantGen04-Flowers01 a bumper pack of 60 unique flowers.

1200x630 PlantGen04-Flowers01.png Screenshot (745).png
    Approved and available HERE

14. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Latest submission: TreeGen04-OakTrees01

1200x630 TreeGen04-OakTrees01.png

15. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded a new submission, TreeGen04-OakTrees02, awaiting approval.

1200x630 TreeGen04-OakTrees02.png

16. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

3 Packs uploaded for approval.

BushGen04-Bushes05 available HERE
    1200x630 BushGen04-Bushes05.png

BushGen04-Bushes06 available HERE
    1200x630 BushGen04-Bushes06.png

BushGen04-Bushes07 available HERE
    1200x630 BushGen04-Bushes07.png

17. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded for approval, TreeGen04-BirchTrees01

1200x630 TreeGen04-BirchTrees01.png

18. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

New release for approval: BushGen04-FernBushes01

Consists of 12 medium size and 6 small size fern bushes and 2 unique materials of fern photograph fronds mapped to the same mesh.

Screenshot (873).png Screenshot (876).png

19. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded for approval: TreeGen04-FirTrees01

1200x630 TreeGen04-FirTrees01.png

20. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded for approval. TreeGen04-FirTrees02
    This is a mega pack of 37 Unique Trees

1200x630 TreeGen04-FirTrees02.png

21. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded for approval: TreeGen04-Hawthorn01

12 Unique Meshes, that come in 3 variants of Autumn, Spring and Blossom using the supplied Texture maps and Materials. All the leafs and blossom are real photographs for greater realism.

1200x630 TreeGen04-Hawthorn01.png Screenshot (928).png

22. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Another submission: TreeGen04-JuniperTrees01

1200x630 Gen04_JuniperTrees01.png Screenshot (946).png

23. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Latest submission TreeGen04-Sycamore01

1950x1300 TreeGen04-Sycamore01.png 1200x630 TreeGen04-Sycamore01.png

24. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Another new submission: TreeGen04-Walnut01

1200x630 TreeGen04-Walnut01.png Screenshot (1008).png

25. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Added TreeGen04-PineTrees01 for approval.
    There are 25 Unique Pine trees in the pack with dual meshes (wood and leaves), also included is a folder with single mesh models for Terrain Painting.
    Screenshot (1045).jpg Screenshot (1041).jpg Screenshot (1035).jpg
    Already live.. :) available HERE

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  26. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded for approval, TreeGen04-WinterTrees02
    23 Unique Winter Trees in the pack. Now approved and available HERE

1200x630 TreeGen04-WinterTrees02.png Screenshot (1071).jpg Screenshot (1068).jpg

27. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

The second in the series, TreeGen04-BirchTrees02, all unique meshes with an age range of between 10-15 years, submitted today for approval. Now available HERE

1200x630 TreeGen04-BirchTrees02.png Screenshot (1091).jpg Screenshot (1093).jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  28. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Great assets, I am on standard render pipeline and on mobile.
    Are the willow trees also on standard?
    Cheers

29. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hello,
    The only difference between the installed pipelines and the standard ones, is the materials. They will show pink if the pipelines are different. To make them show on a different pipeline, select a material in the pack, in the inspector window, there is a drop down selector at the top, select Standard from the list. Do this for each material in the pack. Also in the inspector window of the material, check that all the maps are still there, if not install them, sometimes they get lost, you will find them all in the Textures folder of the pack.
    If you find this doesn't work (and it should 99% of the time), post back here and I'll try and work through it with you.

Installed Pipelines are Rendering Pipelines that are compatible with the Engine version, that once installed (only one at a time), will redirect the rendering engine through the appropriate shaders for computation.

As a rule of thumb, the Gen02 series are standard pipeline, Gen04 are URP (Universal Rendering Pipeline) as default in the pack. To my knowledge, the Standard Pipeline is being removed/depreciated from the engine this year. You may wish to consider a different workflow.

EDIT, All assets are now upgraded to URP, but can always be altered to use HDRP and Standard.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  30. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Thank you, I updated to URP.

31. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

You can find direction on how to do this, if you need it, in the above posts.

32. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I received an email notification of a post EmeralLotus made but it has not appeared here, so I will copy/paste the contents.
    Quote: Do you have a bundle pricing for a collection of trees or plants. Unquote.

The way the AssetStore works is, you create a product, pictures, description etc and upload the Project Files. That constitutes a single product which is sold as a autonomous package.

Currently, there are 87 singular products available from our studio in the AssetStore. In order to offer bundles, we would have to create projects with enormous permutations of content, that it would simply be impossible.
    In order to achieve this, the structure of the AssetStore would have to be rewritten to include a discount system for buying multiple products from the same studio, on a sliding scale. The seller would then fix the rates of discount dependant of whether is it quantity of items in the bundle, or the value of each item included. This can only be implemented by Unity. A seller could for instance check the Quantity Box as the factor for discount (buy one, get one free etc), or the Value Box, (spend $50 and get $10 discount). Another check box would be needed if the Quantity Box was checked, as we 'sell' free products that would be classed as a sale item, therefore triggering the Quantity discount.

I like the idea and would support you with a Poll Thread, whereby users could vote for this. My only concern is, the forums are only a place a user goes when they have a question or seeking a resolution to an issue. They would have to stumble across it.

Unity would only invest in this project, if there are enough users that want it (Unity define what is enough).

33. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded for approval, a new line product. Alphabet - Verdana

This has been mapped to take a wide range of textures and includes Upper Case, Lower Case and Numbers.

Screenshot (1096).png Screenshot (1105).jpg

34. Rylern

Rylern

Great assets. However, I just bought the TreesGen02_10 asset and here how the trees look:

I'm using HDRP, so I converted all built-in materials to HDRP. This worked for the bark materials but not the leafs. Indeed, leaf materials are using the CullOffShader shipped with the package.
    I tried to use the HDRP/Lit shader instead, but here is what I get:

Do you know what I should do?

35. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hello.
    The first picture shows that the wrong material was selected for the pipeline, hence why it goes pink.
    The second picture shows you have selected the correct materials for the installed pipeline but now Unity has lost the Texture. Open the Material file and drop the alpha texture into the correct map boxes (textures is another name for Maps), Make sure you select the Alpha checkbox and the cutoff to about 50%, albeit that may work automatically.

What happened is that Unities built-in Automatically Update Shader/Material function is not perfect and mainly fails when the Textures are Alpha channeled (have transparencies). There is a section on this Thread, that shows how to install a URP (Universal Rendering Pipeline) and all the settings that need to be checked. I have used the HDRP and setup scenes for rendering, but to be honest, URP is almost as good but more manual in some cases.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/everything-ivy-scene-plants-decoration.852436/page-3 :
    Converting Materials between Rendering Pipelines: A couple of screens down from the top of this page.

The 'CullOffShader' was an internal shader we produced to not cull backfaces on the transparencies, as the leaves have a lot of alpha spaces and branches behind were being cut off. This was before the new Pipelines were released, hence Gen02. Gen4 Assets are all converted to URP as standard.

Please let me know if you do not manage to resolve this.

36. Rylern

Rylern

Thank you, it worked.
    I have another question, do you know a way to make your trees compatible with the Vegetation Studio Pro asset?

37. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I am glad you got that working.

We make these assets initially for our own projects. We also sell them on a variety of platforms, so need to make them a universal asset. Personally, I am not aware of the requirements for Vegetation Studio Pro.

I do know some terrain placement programmes require that the asset be a single mesh. In the ilks of Unreal, that is simply a checkbox to perform on all selected imports, Unity on the other hand requires that this be done before Import, unless you use a Mesh Combiner tool within the editor.

The reason we provide grouped meshes is so that you can apply collision to the wood mesh, but not the branch/leaves, saving CPU cycles. It also allows for apply Wind features, whereby the trunk acts differently to the branches and leaves. In some Platforms, you can have both on a single mesh, and others, you cannot. It would be very time consuming to offer bespoke assets for multiple platforms.

For Unity, there are some free applications, whereby you apply a script to a multiple mesh Prefab, that will give you another Mesh, that contains all the meshes as one, for use in the Unity Terrain painter.

There is a selection from the Asset Store, some are free.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/?q=mesh combiner&orderBy=1

38. Rylern

Rylern

Thank you for the suggestion, it also worked!

39. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

You are welcome.

40. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Just uploaded a new revised Package for Trees Plants and Bushes Pack01 installing the URP and setting up the Materials and Shaders.

The Unity Editor seems to fail at automatically converting when the Material is Set to use the Alpha Channel. To correct this:-

I assigned each Material as a URP Simple Lit, to match the Rendering Pipeline Installed.

Made sure each Texture (Maps) are assigned correctly in the Material.

Checked each Alpha Texture as Alpha (Note: You do not need to do this for maps other than Diffuse).

Set the Material to its default Opaque.

Set the Alpha Clipping to 50% (or whatever your preference is) and that the function is set to use Alpha Clipping.
    Screenshot (1134).png

If your Texture is rendering Pink, you have the Wrong Shader Type selected in the Material File. Select a shader from the correct Rendering Pipeline drop down menu.

If your Texture is rendering Grey, that means the Materials file has lost the links to your Texture Maps.

If you are not getting shadowing on meshes, set them to Static as this will create Static Maps (Baked) for each object and will overlay Realtime Shadows, making less rendering calls.
    Screenshot (1133).png

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  41. stigmamax

stigmamax

Hello, for Gen04, I'm in built-in and I put the Standard shader. it works if i place the plants by hand but it doesn't work that i want to place them as a tree. The leaves are then pink.

42. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hello,
    The packs are imported as multiple meshes, so users have choices, which include which part of the mesh to apply colliders to, to save CPU cycles.

In order to Paint the trees into the landscape, the meshes need to be combined first, as Unity cannot handle meshes that have more than one mesh component. There are many offerings that are free on the Asset Store, that allow you to combine the meshes and give you a combined version of the Package Mesh. I would recommend searching for 'Combine Mesh'. Hopefully Unity will automate this process in the editor.

Make sure you resolve the pink mesh issue, it is where the Alpha materials do not work when you use the Auto Batch for converting Materials for different pipelines. Unity cannot handle the Alpha channels, so do them by hand, you can see the method above in this thread. Here is a picture showing how.

If you are still having issues, don't struggle, come back to this forum, this thread is checked at least once, sometimes more, per day.

43. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

It is worth noting, the Alpha Clipping setting is default at 0.5, which is normally good enough for the masks used. If you get too many artifacts, you can adjust that setting.

44. stigmamax

stigmamax

45. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

You are welcome, I hope that fixed things for you.

46. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Uploaded a new theme pack for approval.... Sea Defences a theme of Sea/Costal Defence items used around the World, based on real information and photographs.

1200x630Gen03-SeaDefences01.png SeaDefences31.png SeaDefences04.png SeaDefences32.png

Included are Materials to extend the range of finishes, such as Concrete and Stone.

The Package is set for URP out of the box, but is compatible with all Pipelines with minor adjustments as described on the Thread.

47. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

48. laltudey

laltudey

Materials and Shaders are showing missing in HDRP pipeline. Please help me on that.

49. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hi,
    There is a section on this forum post that shows how to add a URP to a project, the HDRP is the same. You also need to initialise the Pipeline to the engine, as I have shown in this thread.

Once the Pipeline is installed, and defined in all the project settings, as shown on the thread, then you have two choices, follow the route of trying to get Unity to do the Material Shaders automatically, again by following the thread, or doing it manually. Manually is preferable as the Unity Automatic method will most likely fail if any of the shaders use an Alpha Channel in the maps (Diffuse Textures). All that is needed is to select the correct HDRP shader for each Material (lit/unlit, whatever you use in the project, Lit is standard), then make sure the Textures are in the slots, if there is an error, the textures will render Pink, simply backtrack your steps.....

In addition, you may want to check the Alpha Clipping and set that somewhere between .1 and .5 until any artifacts have gone.

You may also want to check Double Sided feature, as this will also backlight the alphas.

Please let me know if you have any issues, and I will work you through it to get it fixed. There are others that have posted on this thread that have struggled to get Unitys pipelines working good.

50. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I quickly installed a HDRP blank project and went through the process of installing the HD Rendering Pipeline, then I imported the Trees Gen02 Volume 04 asset pack. The steps required for the HDRP and the URP are almost identical.
    HDRP 01.jpg HDRP 02.jpg HDRP 03.jpg HDRP 04.jpg HDRP 05.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023