Search Unity

Everything Ivy - Scene Plants/Decoration

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by A_World_Maker, Mar 23, 2020.

1. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hello,

I am releasing 5 Volumes from the Everything Ivy series.

Where the Ivy drapes, cascades, bushes and plants have been contoured to specific models, those have been included for you to use, including materials and textures.

I am also offering to create Ivy models for your models. Contact me via the forum PM (private messaging). I do not need any textures supplied, just a fully triangulated base model with default textures. Normals will need to be correct as the programme uses these to direct the Ivy growth. Please check triangulation has not left any gaps in your mesh.

Here you can exchange any ideas you may have related to the Ivy Volumes.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    TeagansDad likes this.
  2. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

A sample of what will be on offer in the various Volumes:-

3. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I have just uploaded Volume Five in this series, ready for approval.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  4. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

5. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

6. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  7. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I have taken the concept for the Ivy growth to creating a Hanging Plants series. Volumes One and Two are posted for submission/approval already. These volumes include a selection of models associated with the plant growth (which are included) that along with the multiple variations of meshes, also include a wide selection of both flowers and leaves. This gives each volume and enormous range of permutations for design layouts.

Both the leaves and flowers are real photographs, some at 1k resolution and come with maps. These volumes are targeted at Cutscenes, Movies and Still shots. I can also provide Lower Resolution versions on request, for a modest fee (contact me via the forums PM for details) that can be used in High Quality gaming.

I will post links etc once I have approval.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  8. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

9. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

WallBasket01a.png Pictures from Hanging Plants Volume One, already released.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  10. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Pictures from Hanging Plants Volume Two.

11. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hanging Plants Volume Three is almost ready for release. I will post pictures and Asset Store link, soon.

12. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hanging Plants Volume Three

Canopy02ab.png

Posted today and now awaiting approval. I will post the Asset Store link once live.

P3ndragonLLC likes this.
  13. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

For each model there are a variety of singular plant meshes, I have used different combinations of both flower and leaf maps to distinguish them from eachother. On some models the meshes maybe hidden on the blind side of the root model.

In the case of the Garden Arches, I have created modular components (Cross, Tee, Link and Straight), each with a variety of plant meshes per component, so you can create your own routing/layout. The Model GardenArchPassage is a component set I created and used a variety of plant meshes to scene dress. Each Plant mesh is unique and 'grown' for a specific model/component. You can of course add/use your own flowers and leaf materials to any of the meshes.

Flower variations - 18 variations
    Leaf variations - 7 variations
    Stem - 1

Using all the variations of mesh, flower and leaf combinations, this will give 1,000's of individual creations.
    Most of the textures used are 1k resolution. For greater performance, you can restrict their size to 256x256. Each leaf and flower is supported by 2 polygons. Prefabs of every mesh, combined with a chosen selection for both Flower and Leaf, is available.
    With such a high variety of plant meshes available, you can create greater variety by combining plant meshes in a group.

14. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hanging Plants Volume Four has just been posted for approval on the Asset Store, Volumes One and Two being approved, they are coming thick and fast.

Some Pictures from Volume Four:
    1950x1300 HangingPlantsVolumeFour.png
    WoodenChair01def.png WoodenHandSackTruck01abc.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  15. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Everything Ivy Volume Six has been posted for approval on the Asset Store:
    I will post the link and information here.

A couple of sneak peek pictures below.

ALucy03abcdefgh.png Helicopter01abcdef.png ScreenShot_20200628153302.png ParkBenchNatural01abc.png

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  16. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

17. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Everything Ivy Volume Seven - Statues is being processed ready for submission. It consists of some high resolution statues complete with a wide variety of indigenous Ivy cascades, plumes and runners grown over them.

Like all the Everything Ivy series, models are supplied with a selection of individual Ivy fronds that you can use to make your own individual combinations. That way you can reuse the same model in the same scene and make them unique.

These are high resolution models with textures clamped at a 2048 resolution, which some can be extended to their native resolutions of upto 4k. Ideal for close up shots in machinima, still scenes and advertising media. Performance is very much related to the users computer setup. With all the models and Ivy meshes loaded in the scene, on a 4k resolution monitor driven by a 8gb GDDR6 RX5700 XT GC and a 16 thread @4ghz CPU, 16GB 3200 DDR4 ram, 1.7tb SSD's, I was able to achieve over 60fps.

18. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

19. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I have reached a point with Everything Ivy Volume Eight - Abandoned, where I can share a screenshot on this forum taken in Unity.

Screenshot (94)a.png

The screenshot native is a 4k resolution, but the file size is too large for this forum.

20. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Everything Ivy Volume Eight - Abandoned has now been submitted for approval.

21. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

22. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

23. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Coming soon.. Everything Ivy Volume Nine - Statues Two and Everything Ivy Volume Ten - Abandoned Two

24. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I have been struggling with the standard shaders in Unity, as only Sprite shaders offer two sided materials. They work great with Ivy meshes that are against other surfaces but not when they are seen from both sides.

I have now obtained a new cutout shader and will be gradually upgrading all the plant, ivy and flower series/volumes that need it.

If you like the look of the models used in each Ivy Volume package but are struggling with the overheads, another good tool to consider is: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...mesh-simplifier-and-auto-lod-generator-160139 which is being offered in a bundle as of today: https://assetstore.unity.com/mega-bundles/power-tools and for the next 10 days of this post.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  25. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

1950x1300 Everything Ivy Vol 12.png 1200x630 Everything Ivy Vol12.png Buxton Memorial Fountain London01abcdefghij.png ColumnTop01abcde.png ChurchAgiosPetros01abcdefghijklm.png

Awaiting approval are the next 3 in the series of Everything Ivy Volumes 10, 11 and 12, with highly detailed props and a large variety of ivy plumes,draps and vines for each model, giving you flexibility and permutations of presentation.

I am currently planning a further 2-3 volumes of the Abandoned theme, this may grow depending on response from sales. There are still other volumes planned in the Statue theme.

If there is a particular subject you would like to see covered in a theme, make a post here offering explanation, pictures and links if possible.

Pictures from up and coming Volumes

26. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

More pictures from the up and coming volumes including the latest one Everything Ivy Volume 13 - Abandoned Five.
    AbandonedBulldozer01abcdefghijkl.png NarrowGaugeElectricTrollyCar01abcdefghijkl.png TheChair01abcdef.png DrinkingFountainCouttsVictoriaPark01abcdefghijkl.png 1950x1300 Everything Ivy Vol 13.png

27. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

There may have been an issue with Hanging Plants Volume 3, where Unity was using UnwrapCL when the project is loading, to create light maps on a couple of models, which can cause overload on the CPU and a potential crash of the editor. I have uploaded a fix which is waiting for approval. To regain control over your project, delete the Hanging Plants Volume 3 folder before starting the Editor and download the update once released.

What should happen is, once lightmaps are generated for a model, it should be retained, not created eachtime the project loads.

28. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

I have just had confirmation that the Hanging Plants Volume 3 new version (hopefully the corrective one) has now been approved and available on the Asset Store.

Please feedback any issues.

29. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

4abcdefghijlkopqr.png ConcreteStairs01abcde.png OldCornerShopabcdefghi.png OldCouch01abcde.png PointReysBoat01abcdefgh.png
    Another in the series Everything Ivy range has been uploaded for approval, this time Volume 14 - Abandoned 6. A couple of screenshots of the assets.

30. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

1950x1300 Everything Ivy Primitives.png Everything Ivy - Primities has just been released and approved. These Ivy mesh models are grown around generic Primitive shapes of different scales (small, medium and large) so you can add them to your own models and scenes.

The scale and density of the three sizes provided that allows you to scale in each direct by a factor of 4 which should maintain the density and size of the leaves etc. So large = +400%, small = 0.25% and medium will go = +400 - 0.25%, all based on the current sizes in the scene.
    In each case, the meshes are prescaled to a single size, on the same model but using the scaling of the leaves and branch to give greater or less density to each size.
    1950x1300 Everything Ivy Primitives.png CylinderVertical01Large.png EverythingIvyPrimitivesCube01Large.png Pyramid45Large.png Sphere01Large.png

31. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

32. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Just released MEGA BUSH Volume 01, this Volume comprises of a collection of Unique and bespoke 'grown' components, that can be used in any combination or as individuals, to create bushes for your scene.

The total of components in Volume 01 = 19, unique materials = 26, that's 19 to the power of 19 for the mesh components, plus 26 to the power of 26 for materials (leaves), that is a staggering amount of individual bushes that can be made from a single collection.

In addition there will be more MEGA BUSH Volumes released to expand the unique bushes that can be made. It is worth noting that all 26 leaf textures and materials will be included in Volume 01, subsequent releases will be cheaper as they will only include 2 leaf textures/materials from the full collection. Other Volumes will be unique in the construction of the bush components, not repeated.

1950x1300 MegaBushVolume01.png MegaBushVolume01UnityScreenshot.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  33. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

MEGA BUSH Volume 02 has been approved and available.

This increases the total number of bushes you can make by a whopping 20 to the power of 20 core bush mesh components, plus the 26 to the power of 26 leaf combinations (you need to purchase Volume 01 for the leaf textures/materials)

Important notice: MEGA BUSH Volume 02 only comes with 2 leaf textures/materials, that is why it is cheaper than Volume 01 and considered DLC (Down Loaded Content).

1950x1300 MegaBushVolume02.png MegaBushVolume02UnityScreenshot.png

Attached Files:

34. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Working feverishly on the next collection, this time Hedges. When you are looking for realism, but have to contend with making components as modular as possible, that is a big ask when considering how they join.

Starting with the first few squares and rectangles was relatively easy. Then adding curves, quadrants and other shapes, with all the noise induced featuring for greater realism, proved a big task, even meaning starting over several times.

Once all the basic shapes are created and join up nicely, then came performance. Surprisingly the performance was better than expected. Hopefully, after all the graphics, meta data, screenshots, uploads etc, should see the first volume being released week commencing 19th October 2020.

Stats.png ScreenShot_20201016172614.png ScreenShot_20201016172646.png ScreenShot_20201016172847.png

35. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

In case you are wondering, here is the basic outline of the specs for the PC running those stats:-

CPU Ryzen 3950X 32 threads (Liquid Cooled, 140x300 Radiator, 2x 140mm fans)
    32Gb G-Skill Neo 3600 Ram, using XMP 2.0 profile gives CL15-15-15-39 (4x8GB)
    RX 5700 XT Gigabyte GC 8Gb DDR6 Ram
    Sabrent Rocket NVMe 1Tb M2 Storage
    850 Watt Gold Edition Corsair PSU
    Asrock X570 Steel Legends MB
    4K 28" SLED Display @ 60Htz
    3.4Tb Total M2 PCIe & NVMe, SSD, HDD + 2Tb Online Storage, systems.
    Self built system in a Fractal Case.
    Windows10 64bit Pro

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  36. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

With the release of the first Hedges Volume on the asset store this week. Discussions can start here.

I would note that the Hedge components, whist created as a modular system, are not perfect. This is mainly due to two factors. (1) The very nature of using a noise generated surface means joins are also subject to the same filter (2) Swapping formats from Native DXS (from the modelling application) to FBX, then into Unitys Import system, can cause minor scaling issues. Having said that, the level of controls available through the standard Material Shader, combined with the Maps provided and density of vertices available, some variations of the surface can blur those joint blends (as seen in the above screenshot.

37. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hedges Volume 01 has been released and can be bought here

38. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hedges Volume 02 has been submitted for approval, it is a complimentary volume to Volume 01.

Another Volume (03) is in the pipeline.

I would love to see what you make of these volumes, show us your pics!!

39. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hedges Volume 03 has now been submitted and Hedges Volume 04 is WIP.

Volume 03 pics
    CentralUnitArchwaySeatsQuadrant.png GardenArchCross01.png GardenArchPassage01.png GardenArchPassage01abcdef.png PlantTub1h.png

40. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hedges Volume 03 has been approved and can be bought here

41. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hedges Volume 02 has been approved and can be bought here

42. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hedges Volume 04 has been submitted for approval. This is a low cost volume for the hedges series, and or can be used as a standalone package.

The theme for the volume is to create a internal playground park within your Hedges scene. I will post a link once approved, in the meantime here is a screenshot taken in the editor using nothing more than the standard rendering pipeline.
    Scene Shot01.png

43. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Hedges Volume 04 is now available here

44. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

45. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Updated all the new released packages with a new shader. This makes trees much more natural.

46. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Some screenshots of the new Gen02 releases. Note all these screenshots are taken within the Unity Editor using only a single direct light source and the built in pipeline.
    1950x1300 TreesGen02_05.png ScreenShot_20201214145419.png ScreenShot_20201216135225.png 1200x630TreesGen02_04.png ScreenShot_20201212151714.png

47. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

More images from the Gen02 range
    ScreenShot_20201212143004.png ScreenShot_20201213152022.png ScreenShot_20201213160752.png Trees Gen02 03007002.png 1950x1300 TreesGen02_03.png

48. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

The FREE project, Sty With Telegraph Pole, has been updated to include singular component meshes of the Fence, Telegraph Pole and the contoured Ground mesh, so you can easily set them within your own scenes.

49. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Available on the Unity Store (and Unreal Marketplace), TreesGen02_06 Dead Forest add these to your other TreesGen02 collections to recreate realistic forests.
    TreesGen02_06_Main.jpg ScreenShot_20210123121812.jpg ScreenShot_20210123121746.jpg ScreenShot_20210123121658.jpg

50. A_World_Maker

A_World_Maker

Trees Gen02 07 and 08 are now awaiting approval.
    1950x1300 TreesGen02_08.png ScreenShot_20210311190538.png 1200x630TreesGen02_08.png 1950x1300 TreesGen02_07.png 1200x630TreesGen02_07.png