Search Unity

Everything is blue after converting to URP

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by majidarif, Mar 31, 2020.

1. majidarif

majidarif

Hello,

I recently switched an existing project to URP. I also changed my android settigs to linear colorspace and Vulcan + OpenGLES3.

But when I play the game. Most of the screen becomes blue.

upload_2020-3-31_22-30-0.png

But it looks fine on the scene view

upload_2020-3-31_22-30-44.png

My camera though is a prefab that gets added to the scene at runtime.

upload_2020-3-31_22-31-56.png

Does that matter?

2. beardedrangaman

beardedrangaman

I'm not sure which version you are using but you might need to re do post porcessing, try removing the layer and adding a volume and new profile

3. majidarif

majidarif

Sorry forgot to add that information. Unity 2019.3.6f1

I will try to just remove the post processing altogether.

UPDATE 1

I tried removing post processing completely and it's the same blue screen.

4. majidarif

majidarif

Just checking if someone can help?

5. themist221

themist221

I have the exact same problem did you happen to find the cause of this by any chance?

6. FireRuben

FireRuben

Just ran into this problem myself, any fixes found?

7. BonneCW

BonneCW

Is the blue the background color of the camera and are you rendering to a render texture with that camera? In that case disable all post processing for that camera, it will cause an opaque texture to be rendered instead of transparent otherwise.

If it's not that I don't know, just had exactly that issue because of that reason.

8. Sebelulu

Sebelulu

I had the same issue. I went into the camera and set priority to 1. That seemed to solve the issue for me :)

9. transat

transat

Don’t be blue @majidarif. URP will get better.

10. better_walk_away

better_walk_away

I cannot change the priority of the camera. Is there any other way to workaround this issue?

Edit:
    I saw that we can set the "Camera Stack". But some of my camera didn't exist in the startup scene, that means I have to manually set the camera stack through code. But we didn't need to do this before using the URP asset. This is not ideal.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  11. tjanok

tjanok

Are you sure your far/near clipping plane is still correct?

12. bzankl

bzankl

I still encounter the issue, has anyone found a fix for it? It seems to be connected to the multiple camera setup, the scene looks fine with just one camera.

13. ShAndrew

ShAndrew

Hi everyone. @bzankl, your post is most recent and I hope this will help you...
    I've updated my project with URP and got the same issue. I have a lot of different cameras to render the scene. This post was a starting point. An hour of searching lead me to this page...
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...es.universal@7.2/manual/cameras-advanced.html
    Read the "Camera culling and rendering order" section carefully. Especially p.6.
    As soon as you will change any camera "Render Type" to 'Overlay' - you will be able to add that overlay camera to "Stack" property of your "Base" camera. Be sure to order your 'overlay cameras' in the stack list based on its 'Rendering->Priority' value it had (before converting to 'overlay').
    Basically I've fixed all these blue screens by making all of my cameras "overlay" except the one that renders Skybox. Place these in correct order and your scene will be the same as before the URP.
    I still did not figure out with RenderTexture cameras yet. These are still render with some issues... But except that (and SOME CUSTOM Shaders and half of the materials ARE BROKEN, dam it) - everything works as it was before URP conversion.

Hope this will help.

14. ShAndrew

ShAndrew

A little addition to the "Blue screen" fix. Be sure that every scene you have in the project - has its "default skybox" set in the lighting settings. Load every scene, go to Window->Rendering->lighting settings, Environment section. "Skybox Material" field must contain any skybox (Default-Skybox material will work, no need to set up specific skybox for each scene...) If you have a camera with skybox component - that material will be used instead of the default one...
    BUT if the "Skybox Material" is set to NONE - screnn will be blue, even if u have 1 main camera with skybox component.

So, it is a correct "stack" of the Overlay cameras and default skybox material in lighting settings.

koyodi and JG-Denver like this.
  15. manu6366

manu6366

Solved for me Thanks

16. HazRoUnicorn

HazRoUnicorn

Just had this issue as well, I was using the 'TopDownEngine' unity asset which has a seperate camera for UI elements. When I set that camera's background type to 'uninitialised' instead of 'solid colour' it solved the issue.

volcank, decrescYono, basboi and 3 others like this.
  17. Xayias

Xayias

Wow, funny enough I am also using TDE and was trying to figure out the issue to this and gladly you were here to solve my exact problem with the Top Down Engine! Thanks!

koyodi and Zoped like this.
  18. freddyatlantis

freddyatlantis

If you're using a single camera, check the Rendering settings, and make sure that Priority isn't set to -1.

ryannotfound likes this.
  19. ryannotfound

ryannotfound

Did it for me, thanks @freddyatlantis

sunwangshu likes this.
  20. renman3000

renman3000

Mine was set to -1, but setting it to 1, has done nothing!

gktoz likes this.
  21. frozenito

frozenito

I still have this problem

22. tnv2205

tnv2205

I still have this problem

23. volcank

volcank

Thank you so much! This solved my problem.!

24. James_Arndt

James_Arndt

Unity Technologies