Search Unity

Everything in the scene is way too dark

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by ImperialDragon98, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ImperialDragon98

ImperialDragon98

2. laurent-h

laurent-h

In the shadows the lighting comes from the sky and the bounced light.
    In your case you could try leaving the directional light's shadow dimmer at 1 and have the sky affect the lighting of the scene by picking the HDRI sky in the "Static lighting sky" component.
    If you don't use lightmaps or lightprobes this will make the sky affect the lighting of your scene and so you shoud get some blue in the shadows.
    If this is not to your taste you can also use a different profile in the Static lighting sky with another sky (like a gradient sky for instance) and use that to control the sky lighting without changing the sky seen through the camera.
    Lightmaps and lightprobes can be used to get a more accurate representation of the sky lighting and the bounced light in the scenes.

3. ImperialDragon98

ImperialDragon98

How would I go about making a sky that the camera cant see that adjusts lightning?

4. laurent-h

laurent-h

5. gerudobomb

gerudobomb

Sorry to necro.

I am working on a scene. However, the 'fancy' lighting can make certain angles geometrically confusing. Instead, I would like to use the 'Scene Lighting = Off' option at the top of the Scene view editor window - that is to say, I'd like to work with 'flat shading'. Unfortunately, I am experiencing as well a very dark, visually illegible scene:

upload_2021-7-10_12-4-26.png
    Scene Lighting on

upload_2021-7-10_12-3-46.png
    Scene Lighting off
    I'm not sure if there is an option that I am missing, which will help to make the 'Scene Lighting = Off' second picture brighter, but in case there isn't:

Proposal:

What I find myself craving in this situation is a 3-parameter, post-processing solution (a setting I imagine would likely be saved as a component within a '.scene' file - custom on a per-scene basis).
    1. Brightness Offset
    2. Brightness Range
    3. Brightness Gamma
    Formulaically, for a 'Scene Lighting Off' pixel 'p', and its value (normalized 'brightness') p.v:

Code (CSharp):
    1. p.v = Mathf.pow((p.v + SceneVeiwBright) / SceneViewRange, SceneViewGamma)
    Furthermore, are there any API calls/hooks for custom post-processing on the Scene view? I wouldn't mind much coding the post-processing step myself; it seems pretty straightfoward.

Attached Files: