Search Unity

Everyplay with Facebook SDK issue

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by derkoi, Oct 26, 2014.

1. derkoi

derkoi

I'm trying to set up Facebook sharing with Everyplay. Once I record a video and try to share it with Facebook, I get asked for permission, which I accept and then I get this error in facebook:

which I believe is the Everyplay Facebook app?

In the Facebook SDK settings I see the Everyplay Facebook app ID and I have my own, which App ID should I be using? I've tried both and neither work.

Is there any documentation for setting up Everyplay with the Facebook SDK specifically? I've looked but cannot find any.

Thanks.

2. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Send an email to support@everyplay.com with:

- Your bundle ID for iOS apps
    - The Android keyhash for Android apps
    - And your Everyplay client_id in both cases

Once you do that, we'll get that sorted out for you.

Best regards,
    Tuomas

3. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks Tuomas, I'll do that.

4. mozzer7

mozzer7

I'm just going to jump in here as I have a similar issue, and mostly just wanted some clarification on how this stuff works.

From what I can work out, Everyplay has it's on facebook app ID it uses when signing in and uploading? If I change the ID used in the facebook settings, another entry is made with the previous app ID (same as the id in the post above)

We have a facebook login button on the main menu that logs the user in (using Facebook SDK), using our own facebook app ID etc etc. We then use it to allow the user to share in the usual 'facebook' ways.

After setting up everyplay to test it out and finding it super simple to do, we wanted to use our existing sign in features so that when a user has already signed in to the app through facebook, they don't need to sign in again to everyplay again, as it's sort of a 'didn't I already do this?' moment... However, it doesn't seem like this is possible, right? The way I understand it is that when using everyplay, everyplay is requesting access to the player's account to post on their behalf, rather than say in the Facebook SDK, the user is posting to facebook from the app itself... is that right?

The other thing, related to the above issue, is how it everyplay facebook SSO handles linked bundle IDs etc. Everything worked fine, then I updated the bundle IDs to match the clients setup on their iTunes connect. Now it no longer works and I get the same message as the post above. Is it a case that the first time everyplay is setup you grab the bundle ID and link to the everyplay client ID? I can't remember putting it in anywhere, and see no way of changing the bundle ID that the facebook SSO is looking for.

I've already sent my details through support, so hopefully things will be sorted, but some clarification on how the facebook login stuff works would be great so we can map out exactly what we can do with the product, which is fantastic!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  5. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Hi,

To allow posting from an iOS or Android app, we need to register the bundle ID in the Facebook application settings for Everyplay. If the bundle ID changes, we do need to update that in the settings as it will no longer match. We automatically add new bundle ID's there periodically so even if you didn't reach out we may have automatically done that - but if the bundle ID has now changed it will no longer match. Therefore just send your new details to support (which you seem to already have done).

Regarding having multiple different sign ins, yes, it may sometimes feel odd for the user to have to go through the process twice, but Facebook's policies forbid sharing a) user details or b) access token's with third parties, so if we were to use your Facebook access to post Everyplay content, we'd be basically violating Facebook's ToS.

Hope that answers your question!

Best regards,
    Tuomas

6. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

How can I have the key hash of my android apps ?

Thank you

7. ababab5

ababab5

Hi Tuomas,

I wrote 3 times in 2 months to your team but no answer ... what can I do ?

Thanks !

8. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @ababab5 and others,

We have reached the maximum number of Apps we can support for this feature.
    We are currently working with Facebook to resolve this matter.
    Unfortunately, to due to some unforeseen circumstances, this is taking longer than expected.

If you have sent a request to support@everyplay.com for this feature, with all the necessary details (as @trinta mentioned above) then rest assured that we shall do the needful and notify you individually as soon as this case is resolved.

In the meanwhile, we appreciate your patience!

ababab5 likes this.
  9. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

The "Facebook Gate" is it solved ?

Thanks !

10. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We've worked with Facebook on this, however unfortunately the issue has not yet been resolved.

Best regards,
    Tuomas

11. Grislymanor

Grislymanor

Any luck on this issue? Otherwise, you guys ought to let people know not to waste their time.

12. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @Grislymanor

Thanks for reaching out!

Our current SDK falls back to the webview authentication modal for Facebook, if the game is not configured. So essentially this requires 1 additional step from the users of the games which we are unable to configure at this stage.
    Also, worth noting that we ask for the credentials only once - The very first time the user re-shares a video on Facebook.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
    Surath

13. Grislymanor

Grislymanor

Hello Surath:

We are having the same issue as "derkoi" had in October 2014 in which Facebook returns error upon signing in through Eveyplay (on IOS version): "Invalid sso_key parameter. The key com.blah.blah does not match any allowed bundle IDs. Please configure your iOS bundle ID at http://developers.facebook.com/apps/182473845211109".

What is weird is that I got Everyplay to work on our Android version! Is Facebook limiting how many apps can post through Everyplay? If so, why was I able to post through my Android version, but not the IOS?

Thanks for your reply; I hope I am experiencing a glitch that can be overcome and not Facebook placing limits on your guys' product. We really like Everyplay!

Cheers,
    Grislymanor

14. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @Grislymanor

Which version of the SDK are you using?

Cheers
    Surath

15. Grislymanor

Grislymanor

Hello and sorry for leaving this out:

Everyplay Unity 1970-1350 - June 2nd 2015

Unity 3D: 4.6.3 f1

Facebook 6.2.2

Thanks,
    Grislymanor

16. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

@Grislymanor

If iOS, try deleting the app/redeploy to see whether clearing out the cache leads you to the webview auth modal. I would also suggest getting the patch releases for 4.6.3 (Ideally, 4.6.3p4).

Let us know, how that goes.

Cheers
    Surath

17. Grislymanor

Grislymanor

Hello Surath:

We updated to Unity 4.6.3p4 (still weary about taking the jump to Unity 5) and cleared the cache and recompiled our IOS app with the same results. Also, I built a blank IOS app with only Everyplay's testing modal ("Test buttons enabled") - with the exact same result (see sequence of pictures below).

After Recording
    2 After Recording.PNG

Selecting Facebook
    3 Select Facebook.PNG

Switches to Everyplay, then...
    4 Switches to Everyplay.PNG

Asks for Facebook Permission
    5 Asks for Facebook Permission.PNG

Facebook login, Error
    6 Facebook weblogin Error.PNG

As you can see, we get to the Facebook login, it just doesn't allow my bundle ID with Everyplay's Facebook ID 182473845211109. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Grislymanor

18. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi Grisly,

Can you send your logs to support(at)everyplay.com?

Cheers
    Surath

19. Grislymanor

Grislymanor

Hello Surath,

I''l see what I can get.

Thanks,
    Grislymanor

20. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi Grisly

We have failed to reproduce this. Other than stale cache there is nothing we are able to point our fingers at.
    It is worth checking in the logs for "Everyplay SDK build" to see whether your asset import has been successful or not.

Cheers
    Surath

21. Grislymanor

Grislymanor

Hello Surath:

I removed several functionalities in my app to reduce the log size, and have sent it to everyplace support (just FYI none of this fat trimming changed my issue - so I don't think it is a conflicting plug-in issue). Below is the key portion pertaining to my Facebook login issue.

See below portion:

"
    Everyplay:EveryplayShowSharingModal()

Everyplay:ShowSharingModal()

EveryplayRecButtons:ShareVideo()

ButtonTapped:Invoke()

MouseLook:Start()

EveryplayRecButtons:Update()

System.Collections.Generic.DefaultComparer:Equals(TimeSpan, TimeSpan)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/iPhonePlayer-armv7-il2cppGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

markerTrackerStop

objectTrackerStop

cameraDeviceStopCamera

cameraDeviceDeinitCamera

2015-06-26 10:21:22.949 grislymanorar[3069:996563] -[WebActionDisablingCALayerDelegate setBeingRemoved:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x170211ac0

2015-06-26 10:21:22.952 grislymanorar[3069:996563] *** WebKit discarded an uncaught exception in the webView:willRemoveScrollingLayer:withContentsLayer:forNode: delegate: <NSInvalidArgumentException> -[WebActionDisablingCALayerDelegate setBeingRemoved:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x170211ac0

2015-06-26 10:21:22.953 grislymanorar[3069:996563] -[WebActionDisablingCALayerDelegate setBeingRemoved:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x170211ac0

2015-06-26 10:21:22.954 grislymanorar[3069:996563] *** WebKit discarded an uncaught exception in the webView:willRemoveScrollingLayer:withContentsLayer:forNode: delegate: <NSInvalidArgumentException> -[WebActionDisablingCALayerDelegate setBeingRemoved:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x170211ac0

2015-06-26 10:21:22.955 grislymanorar[3069:996563] -[WebActionDisablingCALayerDelegate setBeingRemoved:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x170211ac0

2015-06-26 10:21:22.956 grislymanorar[3069:996563] *** WebKit discarded an uncaught exception in the webView:willRemoveScrollingLayer:withContentsLayer:forNode: delegate: <NSInvalidArgumentException> -[WebActionDisablingCALayerDelegate setBeingRemoved:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x170211ac0

2015-06-26 10:21:23.381 grislymanorar[3069:996563] response: {

acl = {

"has_access_to" = (

read,

create

);

};

"facebook_sdk_enabled" = 0;

}

-> applicationWillResignActive()

Single Tap Registered

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_Log(Int32, String, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

InputController:UpdateInput()

SceneViewManager:Update()

"

Maybe this info will help other Everyplay users. Thanks for you help; let me know if you can draw any conclusions.

Thanks,
    Grislymanor

22. HCL

HCL

Would it help if we could somehow pass in our own app's ID instead?

Also seeing this, only on iOS at present.

23. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @HCL,

Which SDK version are you using? Please update it to the latest (1980-1400).
    Are you using some other plugins? Which ones?
    Have you tried uninstalling the app before redeploying, that should clear out the cache from the older versions as well?

Cheers,
    Simo

24. HCL

HCL

Hi Simo,

Thanks for responding :)

Currently using 1980-1400. Using lots of other plugins from Prime31:

Android: Etc, Social Networking, In App Billing, Flurry, GCM
    iOS: Etc, Social Networking, StoreKit, Flurry, MediaPlayer

25. HCL

HCL

Any idea on an ETA for a fix for this? Kamcord have shafted us, leaving us with a broken SDK which also fails to share to Facebook, so we have no alternative but to use Everyplay, which also fails to share to Facebook....

Thanks,

M

26. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

HI @HCL,

Thanks for your patience.
    Have you tried taking out all other plugins besides Everyplay and seeing if it can post to Facebook then?

Cheers,
    Simo

27. HCL

HCL

Good god no. I don't see how that can have any bearing on the issue. Which Facebook SDK are you using within Everyplay? The one which doesn't work with Unity 5 or the latest Beta?

28. shb

shb

Hi, I installed facebook sdk for unity and everyplay sdk,
    and I successfully login and share on facebook on my Android device.

but when I first try to share on facebook, the web dialog opens and prompt to input both username and password.
    is there any way that I can use SSO login to facebook just like facebook sdk does for my game?

typing username and password can be a burden for users, and I don't want to loose a potential chance for them to share the video on their facebook.

29. shb

shb

HI, I also finished setting up iOS EveryPlay with Facebook SDK for Unity.
    But when I tried to share on facebook, I also got

Invalid sso_key parameter. The key com.blah.blah does not match any allowed bundle IDs. Please configure your iOS bundle ID at http://developers.facebook.com/apps/182473845211109

Is it still not working? any news for make facebook share work on iOS?

Unity5.1.2p3
    with EveryPlay and Facebook SDK for Unity with the latest as of 20th.Aug.

30. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @shb,

Unfortunately we're unable to support the sso login method at the moment for any new developers.

This is due to us having reached a max number of Apps we can support.

Hence, in SDK v1950, we added a fallback where the user is provided with the WebView authentication modal for Facebook, if the game was not previously configured for sso logins. Do note that your users need to sign in only once through Everyplay to be able to share to Facebook.

We had a minor hitch on the server side which was causing the issue for some users. We've now pushed a fix for it and the issue should be fixed.

Cheers,
    Simo

31. HCL

HCL

Cool, thanks Simo - any idea when 1950 will ship? Thanks :)

32. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello HCL,

We've shipped 1950 in February. That was the first version that had the fallback in place. All versions after that have it included.
    Currently the SDK version is 1990-1410 (iOS-Android). If you are using a recent SDK version you shouldn't experience the sso_key issue as of now.

You can download the latest releases here:
    Unity - Asset Store / https://github.com/everyplay/everyplay-unity-sdk
    Android - https://github.com/everyplay/everyplay-android-sdk
    iOS - https://github.com/everyplay/everyplay-ios-sdk

Cheers,
    Simo