Search Unity

EveryPlay VS Unity 5.6

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by alsharefeeee, May 7, 2017.

1. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

Hi EveryOne,

Everyplay was working with me fine the past few months but strangely after upgrading to Unity 5.6, EveryPlay doesn't activate on my two android phones at all.

And the problem is, it isn't even showing me any errors on the console (I am using Lunar Console for android).

I downloaded the latest EveryPlay version and followed the steps on this page, still nothing, BUT thanks to the steps I am now able to build the app without errors (the errors started showing after importing the latest EveryPlay version) but EveryPlay still isn't activating.

I thought its maybe because of my device (Since I updated its android version) so I installed the older version of my app that had EveryPlay working on it before and it worked just fine.

So, i made an empty project with nothing in it except the newest EveryPlay version (with the test buttons enabled) to check if the problem is caused by another plugin inside my project or not, but still EveryPlay didn't activate.

This leave me with only one conclusion, EveryPlay isn't working with Unity 5.6.0f3 on the android systems.

Did I made mistake that I was unaware of?

PS: In the attached I have added a screenshot of the EveryPlay testing example from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and from it you can see the recording button is disabled and the face cam button can't be clicked.

Screenshot_20170507-155417.png

Thanks and best regards,
    Alsharefee

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Im having the same issue, its not working, with a samsung galaxy tab A6 (android 6.0.1) ... the latest version of EveryPlay 2140-1561 ... and with unity 5.6.0f3 and unity 5.5.0 p3 and 5.6.0f3!!! When it worked for you wich version of EveryPlay you were using? And which version of Unity?

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  3. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

@Archviz3d I think it was unity 5.4 or maybe a little older, I don't remember which EveryPlay version that I was using.

4. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Thanks!! I changed to unity 5.4.2,with the latest version of EveryPlay 2140-1561 and its working now.... seems theres a bug somewhere? Did you made it work on unity 5.6 or 5.5, or still no luck??

5. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @alsharefeeee , @Archviz3d ,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is a bug in our latest SDK version (2140-1561) which can cause the described behaviour when used with Unity 5.6 on Windows.

The cause for the recording being inactive is that the native libs we have don't get packaged into the project correctly.
    We will fix the issue for our next SDK release, but there is a workaround for the issue that's quite simple.

We'll need to change the import settings for two files. After this, the project should build normally and recording should be available.
    1.) Assets/Plugins/Everyplay/AndroidDynamicLibraries/x86/libeveryplay.so
    -Please enable only Android -platform for this file in the inspector, change CPU to x86. Remember to press Apply.
    2.) Assets/Plugins/Everyplay/AndroidDynamicLibraries/armeabi-v7a/libeveryplay.so
    -Please enable only Android -platform for this file in the inspector, change CPU to ARMv7. Remember to press Apply.

After these changes recording should work again.

Hope this helps, please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Simo

6. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Hi @ullatussimo !!!
    Thank you so much for your answer!!!
    I made a simple test and the recording is now working on 5.6 (on windows) with the simple tweaks you've told us!!! Thankssss
    Just the Facecam doesnt seem to be working..i've used the "enable test buttons" and the "Facecam" doesnt change from off to on...

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  7. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

@ullatussimo thank you very much!
    the asset works fine now.

8. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Is the Facecam working for you? Maybe its some issue in my end?

9. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

@Archviz3d Hi, yes it is working with me.

10. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Thanks! Ill give it another check!!

11. LunarExGames

LunarExGames

Hello I'm trying to install Everyplay into my project but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've signed up for developer account - set that up in Unity3D - added my own buttons and the test buttons but nothing seems to do anything. The test box shows the "Start Recording" which is greyed out - and the Facecam is permenantly set to off. Using Unity 5.6.0.f3 and latest version of Everyplay from Unity store. This is my first time setting it up so unsure if it's because of an update or if something is not right. However, the Unity3D link for setup seems straight forward so not sure what's going on.

Also did, this...
    1.) Assets/Plugins/Everyplay/AndroidDynamicLibraries/x86/libeveryplay.so
    -Please enable only Android -platform for this file in the inspector, change CPU to x86. Remember to press Apply.
    2.) Assets/Plugins/Everyplay/AndroidDynamicLibraries/armeabi-v7a/libeveryplay.so
    -Please enable only Android -platform for this file in the inspector, change CPU to ARMv7. Remember to press Apply.

Would think the test buttons would be showing and working if this was up and running like it should. Would love to add this to my app but unsure.

12. LunarExGames

LunarExGames

So not sure what happened - but on a lark I decided to reimport the Everyplay asset and now it seems to work. Had some errors before with AndroidManifest and others so something may have messed up along the way.

Archviz3d likes this.
  13. LunarExGames

LunarExGames

Was able to get it to work on both Android and iOS builds - HOWEVER, the Android build shows very smooth video replay, while the iOS video replay looks choppy and is hard to watch. Is there something specific to iOS that needs to be done to overcome this? I'm using an iPAD to test - thanks!

14. LunarExGames

LunarExGames

Update #2. Turns out is was GLES2 AND Metal that was the issue. Ran through a combination of all of them when I noticed other artifacts and found this was the culprits. Now when I just have GLES3 as the only graphics API, the video works just fine.

alsharefeeee likes this.
  15. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

Everyplay 2150-1570 is out. It resolves multiple build issues with newer Unity versions and the above manual changes should not be required anymore. Cheers.

alsharefeeee likes this.