Search Unity

Everyplay Suggestion

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by Blarp, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Blarp

Blarp

When a recording is done, I'd like the client to auto-save the recording to the same website the client is hosted instead of being stuck with social media only and user prompt. I'd also like this to be avail for WebGL.

So I'm basically asking for:
    -AutoShare recordings without Prompting the player to the same domain hosting the client.
    -WebGL functionality.

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to selectively start/end & auto-share recordings around raid monsters in my Unity MMO so that I can provide out of game content on my game's website.

2. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @Blarp

Thanks for reaching out.

1. Auto-share: This is something that is not possible as the user needs to opt in to share the video (by design requirements)
    2. WebGL is something we are definitely interested in, however it is hard for us to specify exact timelines at the moment for supporting that.

Edit:
    3. "I can provide out of game content on my game's website."
    Btw, this is possible using Everyplay API.

Cheers
    Surath

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Blarp likes this.
  3. Blarp

Blarp

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate you taking the time to pop in here.

So with the Everyplay API, I can have my players share their video to my own website instead of Everyplay/Social Media only? That's good to hear if I'm understanding that correctly.

Also I'm glad that you have WebGL in mind. Really looking forward to the content my community can create for the world to consume.

4. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @Blarp

Yes with a small correction.

"So with the Everyplay API, I can have my players share their video to my own website instead of Everyplay/Social Media only?"

In order to bring the replay into existence, user need to share to Everyplay. Social Media (Twitter, FB, Youtube, Email) sharing is 100% optional.
    Once the video is shared, it gets uploaded, encoded and appears in your game community page on Everyplay.
    Using the API, you can pull videos to display them on your own website under different custom categories with the help of Metadata filtering (assuming you are using Metadata for your game), such as:
    - Best Level X kills under Y secs
    - Best 10 videos in Dungeon Level
    etc

Cheers
    Surath

Blarp likes this.
  5. Blarp

Blarp

Cool, fair enough. Appreciate it =)

6. OsamaBigWolf

OsamaBigWolf

Hi, can i share video directly to fb or other accounts w/o with their credentials ??

7. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hello,

you always need the credentials of an account to be able to share to it.

- Niko