Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyplay stopped working on Android

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by Carwashh, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Carwashh

Carwashh

Hi,

I'm having problems with Everyplay on Android - I'm testing on a Nexus 7 with v4.4.4 of Android, with version 1940-1230 of Everyplay from the Unity Asset Store (Unity is v4.6.1).

It used to work, and it still works perfectly well on my iOS version, but now it has stopped working on Android.

The button code to call my games Everyplay feed is:
    Code (csharp):
    1. public void ShowEveryplay ()
    2. {
    3. Everyplay.ShowWithPath("/feed/game");
    4. }
    The button code to share a recorded video is:
    Code (csharp):
    1. public void ShowEveryplayShareModal ()
    2. {
    3. Everyplay.ShowSharingModal();
    4. }
    Clicking on either button does not invoke anything to do with Everyplay (the sound and any debug msgs I put are actioned though), and it works fine on iOS. It still works perfectly fine on the (current) live Android version.

Attempting to load the independant Everyplay app just becomes stuck on the splash screen with "Loading..." and the spinner - though pressing the X closes the loader and shows Everyplay.
    There's nothing wrong with my internet, as I even deleted the Everyplay app and re-downloaded it from Google Play.

Has something changed that means I need to update something in Unity to get Everyplay working on Android once more? How do I even debug this issue?

Thanks.

2. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @Carwashh

Received your ticket. Let's resolve this via email and I will post here once it is sorted.

Cheers
    Surath

3. Carwashh

Carwashh

Thanks!

I'd normally wait for the ticket to be sorted, rather than post here too ... but I'm hoping to submit this update and enter the Unityx86sweepstake. Would rather not push an update without Everyplay, as I have an achievement linked to it :(

4. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi everyone!

It seems that @Carwashh ran into this issue after updating Everyplay plugin from Asset Store, which resulted in wiping out Client ID, Secret & Redirect. (It's possible!)

If you face a similar issue, please ensure the following:

1) Your settings are there in place and correct (double check with Dashboard) - in EveryplaySettings
    2) You have enabled the relevant platform (iOS and/or Android) - in EveryplaySettings
    3) In case you are using other plugins (or even if you are not), ensure that EVERYPLAY_ANDROID or EVERYPLAY_IPHONE is listed in Player Settings-> iOS/Android Tab-> Scripting Define Symbols

Just as a reminder, refer to this page: https://developers.everyplay.com/documentation/Integrating-Everyplay-in-Unity3D.md

Once you have ensured all the above and you are still running into issues, please send an email to support@everyplay.com! :)

Cheers,
    Surath

Carwashh likes this.
  5. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Hello,
    I am having a similar problem: I uploaded a video on my android and after that Everyplace.ShowSharingModal(); stopped working... any advice (I am using a 4.2 Jellybeans build)

6. yaosheng22

yaosheng22

I have the same problem, my device is htc one+, android version is 4.22, Facebook sdk is 6.2.2, unity version is 4.6.8f1, EVERYPLAY_ANDROID is listed in Scripting Define Symbols, app id for everyplace is 182473845211109, app name is EveryPlay, enable android platform in EveryplaySettings, check client id and client secret is correct,

I used Everyplay.ShowSharingModal() and Everyplay.PlayLastRecording() after using Everyplay.StartRecording() and Everyplay.StopRecording(), they didn't work anymore, does any detail I missed?

7. yaosheng22

yaosheng22

I discover that I used Everyplay.IsRecordingSupported(), and it result is false, It mean that everyPlay doesn't support my developing device?

8. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hi @yaosheng22,

Thanks for reaching out!

Your issue sounds like the Everyplay failsafe got enabled for that device.

Everyplay Failsafe mode gets enabled when the app shuts down unexpectedly during Everyplay initialization routines. The failsafe disables Everyplay for the device.
    This feature was put in place to ensure that your game will function even if the device is having some issues with Everyplay.

You can confirm if this is the case by checking the logcat logs, there should be mentions about Everyplay being disabled due to failsafe functionality being active.

You can clear the flag by going to the device's App Manager and clearing Data / Cache of the application in question.
    However, if this keeps happening, then most likely the device is having some compatibility issues with Everyplay and you should blacklist it from Everyplay Developer Dashboard.

You should also keep in mind that if the app shuts down for non-Everyplay related issues during the EP initialization the failsafe will also be enabled so you should ensure that your application is stable before blacklisting devices.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Simo

9. yaosheng22

yaosheng22

thank you,but I have another big problem, see the email I sent (#26539)

10. Gigi_Buba

Gigi_Buba

I am trying to configure Everyplay in my unity project.
    Once i import Everyplay plugin i keep on getitng this error , even while enabling or disabling the platforms.
    I checked in PLayer settings for "Scripting Define Symbol" it has "EVERYPLAY_ANDROID" defined .
    I am using Unity 5.3.0f4 , i haven't made a build yet this error is during the configuration of Everyplay.

Following is the error:
    PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (25) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
    EveryplayPostprocessor:SetScriptingDefineSymbolForTarget(BuildTargetGroup, String, Boolean) (at Assets/Editor/Everyplay/Scripts/EveryplayPostprocessor.cs:754)
    EveryplayPostprocessor:SetEveryplayEnabledForTarget(BuildTargetGroup, Boolean) (at Assets/Editor/Everyplay/Scripts/EveryplayPostprocessor.cs:700)
    EveryplayPostprocessor:ValidateEveryplayState(EveryplaySettings) (at Assets/Editor/Everyplay/Scripts/EveryplayPostprocessor.cs:721)
    EveryplayLegacyCleanup:Update() (at Assets/Editor/Everyplay/Scripts/EveryplayLegacyCleanup.cs:170)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

11. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @Gigi_Buba ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Those errors are related to building for Apple's tvOS.
    If you are not developing for tvOS, the errors are nothing to worry about. If you are developing for tvOS, you should update to Unity 5.3.1, which contains the proper support for tvOS.
    The errors will not appear on Unity 5.3.1. You should note that as tvOS lacks some components critical for Everyplay, as of now Everyplay doesn't support tvOS.

If you don't for some reason wish to update your Unity version, you can simply comment out the line 721 in EveryplayPostProcessor.cs, which should look like this:
    EveryplayPostprocessor.SetEveryplayEnabledForTarget(kBuildTargetGroup_tvOS, isValid ? settings.tvosSupportEnabled : false);

After that line is commented out / you have updated the Unity version, there should be no further errors.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Simo

12. GodModeTech

GodModeTech

I have internet connection and I am no receiving a response on the Everyplay.ReadyForRecording event in Android. It worked at some point then stopped. Can you please help me?

13. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @MorphVGX,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did you try the steps on post #8 regarding the Failsafe mechanism?

Cheers,
    Simo

14. GodModeTech

GodModeTech

Thanks for replying. I've tried deleting cache for the app and I also checked that it is not in the blacklist. My device is not the issue becuase on an empty project, it works. Also, it used to work, then stopped. Can this be because of another plugin? Something related to the AndroidManifest?

15. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @MorphVGX ,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, theoretically it is possible that it's a plugin clash or an issue with the AndroidManifest, but as there are so many moving parts, it's a bit tough to say what exactly is going wrong in this case.

Can you send a full logcat log from a run that experiences the issue to our support or as a direct message to me?
    We could then take a peek on what's going on.

Cheers,
    Simo

16. GodModeTech

GodModeTech

Thanks. I sent you the logcat log.