Search Unity

Everyplay.ShowSharingModal() working only once

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by The-Guardian, Feb 16, 2015.

1. The-Guardian

The-Guardian

Hello,

I have integrated Unity Ads and Everyplay in my game. After a Unity Ad plays, the Everyplay sharing module does not load the next time "Everyplay.ShowSharingModal ()" is called.

The Share Replay module working before a Unity Ad has been shown: Sharing Module Working.png

The Share Replay module not working after a Unity Ad has been shown: Sharing Module NOT Working.png

The test device I am using is the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime (TF201), running Android 4.1.1.

Is there anyone out there that has a work around for this problem?

Thanks,
    The Guardian

Attached Files:

2. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @The Guardian

I have replied to your ticket. I will post the solution here once the issue is resolved.

Regards
    Surath

3. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Could you please post the solution?

4. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @ZYSHAQ

It's best to send a ticket to support@everyplay.com explaining the issue you are facing with proper repro steps, Unity / SDK / OS versions and the device model you are using. If you can provide a test case to reproduce the issue you are facing, would be ideal.

The Guardian had multiple issues, some of which were resolved by upgrading Unity (to 5.0) and EP SDK (to Android version 1300) version. Since this is quite an old issue, my suggestion is to do a fresh report and one of our support engineers guys will get back to you at the earliest.

In general, as a feature, the sharing modal not showing up essentially means "there is nothing to share" i.e. EP thinks there is no unshared session. So if you have shared the recorded gameplay once and you try to fire up the modal again, ShowSharingModal does not do anything.

Cheers,
    Surath

5. deek0146

deek0146

Hey @surathunity3d thanks for the response

While I understand your reasoning, I would just like to point out that ShowSharingModal() failing in this instance makes the app seem unresponsive since the user doesn't know why the button is not working and we (as devs) have no way of knowing if this is happening.

I could check if it has been called since the last video record and printing an error, but that does not account for the user hitting the share button, and then cancelling before finishing the share to everyplay, and the dev has no way to detect this and know whether ShowSharingModal is going to work or not.

6. shahbazali_cubix

shahbazali_cubix

Hello,

I m successfully receiving Recording started and stopped event, however after stop recording when I call ShareModal it is not opening anything, I have created a new game project and updated details in Unity but same results, even I recorded for more than 20 seconds. When I click edit video button in test buttons it says "Unable to play video".

What's the problem ? it only worked for me for the first time when I implemented the API, after that sharing modal is not working, How to verify it has recorded something to share ?