Search Unity

Everyplay.Show() doesn't restore iOS status bar on close

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by Cryxan, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Cryxan

Cryxan

The game I'm currently working on has the status bar visible on both iOS and Android as a deliberate measure.

On iOS when EveryplayShow() is called the display goes full screen and the status bar is hidden, which is fine. But when the Everyplay community site stuff is closed and control returns to the game, the status bar remains hidden and is not restored to visibility.

The behaviour on Android is fine.

Any suggestions on how to work round this?

2. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @Cryxan ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I made a simple test project in which I set the status bar to be visible. The status bar was hidden (as you said) while the main Everyplay modal is open, but came back after I shut off the Everyplay modal.
    How are you showing the status bar? Are you setting it in the Player Settings or via code?
    Which Unity version are you using?
    I made the test project using Unity 5.3.4f1.
    Which iDevice did you use for testing? Which iOS version is it running?

Cheers,
    Simo

3. Cryxan

Cryxan

Thanks for checking it out.

I'm using the Player settings to show the status bar.

I'm currently using Unity 5.3.3f1 I've been putting off an upgrade as the project is nearing completion.
    The test device is the latest model of iPod Touch (but this has been seen on an iPhone 6s Plus too) and is running iOS 9.3.2.

I'll give a simple test project a try on Unity 5.3.3f1 and 5.3.4f1 to see what that yields for me.

Edit: Will also give 5.3.5 a check too as that is the current latest version.

4. Cryxan

Cryxan

A simple test project works just fine in Unity 5.3.3f1, 5.3.4f1 and 5.3.5f1.

But not unfortunately for the full game project. I tried it on all the above versions and the status bar was not restored.

I think I'll have to find something to explicitly control the status bar for now.