Search Unity

Everyplay no longer working on my android phone

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by Verdo, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Verdo

Verdo

Hello everyone

I've been working on a game in unity for a while now, and i had everyplay working for most of that time with no issues. But all of a sudden, it has stopped functioning. When i say stop functioning, what i mean is that it doesn't seem to record anymore. i have a simple script where i incorporate calls to everyplay to record and stop recording, then post pull up a metadata screen to allow people to upload their replay to whereever. I checked all the usual problems that may occur concerning everyplay listed here which are the following:

Now i don't recall updating the everyplay plugin at any point, but i checked to make sure all those things listed above were checked. I was also considering uninstalling everyplay (which im unsure of how to do cleanly, so if any of you know feel free to share), but i would prefer to figure out what the problem might be. Also here is the code im using:

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. N

N

Check logcat. Pretty sure you met feature called failsafe mode.

3. Verdo

Verdo

Hey thanks for the reply. I actually messaged the guys at everyplay tech support directly and they told me today that reinstalling the app on my phone would clear the cache and getting it to work again, so if anyone else has this problem, i would try that first!

This thread can be closed now

4. N

N

Well I wont consider that as a solution. And still hope that EveryPlay staff will look into it.
    Making failsafe mode just a bit smarter.

Those peoples who record replays are usually the Pros of the game. Who has most of
    the achievements unlocked, hardest maps open. They won't delete the game EveryTime
    they met this issue, and pass all the road again.

5. Verdo

Verdo

yeah fair enough. For those that may be unaware, I was just reading that the failsafe mode (which is a new implementation of theirs) will disable everyplay when the application is launched the next time, if there is a crash in its early initialization. Would be nice to have some code which can counteract this