Search Unity

Everyplay metadata warning

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by jemonsuarez, Oct 2, 2017.

1. jemonsuarez

jemonsuarez

Hi, I've been able implement Everyplay into my game but when I open the sharing modal it shows always a "Missing Metadata" pop up saying "You should add metadata (e.g. level name, score..." but the metadata I want to show is there:

I've added a metadata field (only one) in the Everyplay developer dashboard as follows:
    Title: CustomText
    Key: CustomText
    Type: text

Then in my source code I use this:
    Everyplay.StartRecording();
    Everyplay.SetMetadata("CustomText", "Text to be shown");

I want to avoid that warning (everything else works fine). What am I forgetting to do?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

you must use the metadata in the default title of your replays. So, in your dashboard add {CustomText} to the default title field.

- Niko

3. jemonsuarez

jemonsuarez

Hi Niko, thanks for your reply. I've already added the metadata into the default title as follows:
    {CustomText} video replay.
    But the banner stills popping up.
    Does it takes some time to be "processed"?
    Thanks again.

4. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hello,

the dashboard seems to be properly configured now.

Setting the metadata immediately after calling StartRecording() may not always work, because it takes a bit of time before the recording actually starts. Try changing your code so that the metadata is set just before or after you call StopRecording().

- Niko

5. jemonsuarez

jemonsuarez

Hi, I've already done so like this:

public void StartRecording()
    {
    print("Start recording");
    Everyplay.SetMetadata("CustomText", "My game");
    Everyplay.StartRecording();
    }

Then the video sharing modal shows the text: " video replay." instead of "My game video replay." (The default metadata in the dashboard was {CustomText} video replay.).
    It looks like the metadata is empty or lost. There are no errors during execution.

Do I need to set the metadata every time I start recording? or can I set it only once? I don't really need this feature, I'm just trying to "disable" it somehow.

Thanks for your time.

6. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

please move the SetMetadata call to the place where you call Everyplay.StopRecording(). If it's called at the same time with StartRecording(), it may not always work.

Cheers,
    Niko

jemonsuarez likes this.
  7. jemonsuarez

jemonsuarez

Hi, it worked. Finally I've added the metadata right before opening the sharing modal.
    Thanks a lot.