Search Unity

Everyplay/iOS/EveryplayGlesSupport.mm:20:9: 'Everyplay/Everyplay.h' file not found

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by sama-van, Mar 24, 2015.

1. sama-van

sama-van

Hi,

Never had this error on 4.6.x project before...

From Xcode compilation (Version 6.2 (6C131e)) :

Everyplay/iOS/EveryplayGlesSupport.mm:20:9: 'Everyplay/Everyplay.h' file not found

Switched to Unity 5.x and it showed up...

Any idea?

Thank you! :D

2. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

hi @sama.van

Check whether EVERYPLAY_IPHONE is listed as a scripting define symbols in Player Settings under iOS tab.

Cheers
    Surath

3. jbooth

jbooth

So, I had this issue recently. In my case, what was happening is that the c# script which places the libraries into the xcode project was hitting an exception, which stops that code unit from running, but does not count as a failed build.

In my case, it was an assert in System.Uri called from XCProject.cs (I think; from memory). This was only happening on our build machine, which for some unknown reason has spaces in some of the folder names, which I suspect was the cause (but didn't spend the time to verify).

Anyway, I suggest looking through the build logs and stepping through the places where System.Uri is used to see if it's crashing when creating the project.

4. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

I had this problem too, eventually fixed it by going to the 'Build Settings' tab in xCode then double clicking on Search Paths->Framework Search Paths and making the '$(SRCROOT)/Everyplay' a recursive search rather than non-recursive.

PeterShoferistov likes this.
  5. andymads

andymads

Just had this issue too. Also had the same issue with Unity Ads a few days ago. I believe they use the same build system - looks like something needs fixing.

6. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi,

Can you give us more info on how to reproduce this?
    - Unity version (Is it only on Unity 5?)
    - XCode version (Have you seen this on multiple XCode versions?)
    - In which version of Unity was the project originally created?
    - Is this a "migration only" issue?

And, whatever else you can add to the above for reproducing this.

Cheers
    Surath

7. andymads

andymads

I wish I could but now it's gone away. I thought I had a cast iron repro case for the similar UnityAds issue and now I can't reproduce that either (only the UnityAds package plus a third-party framework was enough to cause it).

I have since updated a couple of plugins so perhaps there was some kind of conflict.

For the record I'm using 4.6.7 with Xcode 6.3.2.

8. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

As I mentioned before it seems to work fine if you set the framework search paths to 'recursive'. I imported the everyplay package on a PC so I thought that might have caused it (it may use file references on the mac which the pc doesn't like).

Our project was built using 'Replace' rather than 'Append' and I'm using Unity 5.1.0f3 and xCode 6.2

9. andymads

andymads

If there's a genuine problem and that's the correct fix then it needs to be done on the plugin side so that it's fully automated.

10. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

I totally agree it should be fixed in the plugin, I was just making the point again in case @surathunity3d hadn't seen that

andymads likes this.
  11. HCL

HCL

I'm seeing this too, using the 'set to recursive' to fix for now (5.1, xcode 6.3.2).

12. jbooth

jbooth

We believe our issue was due to the file paths on our build machine having a space in a folder name. The call to System.Uri in XCProject.cs was crashing, causing the library to not copy over or possibly be setup correctly in the project (when you get an exception in c#, it just stops running that code). I fix this each time we upgrade everyplay by changing the System.Uri call to just use string concatenation instead (it's just building a file path). I had some email back and forth with Surath, but I don't think they were able to repro the issue.

I'd love to see this really fixed as it comes up every time we upgrade. Then again, I'm having someone rip the space out of the folder on our build machine so maybe that will fix it (if that is the cause).

13. andymads

andymads

I got the issue again and followed the advice to make the framework search path recursive - which fixed it.

Does this make sense to you?

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 08.47.45.png

14. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hi @andymads,

Are you still using Unity 4.6.7 with Xcode 6.3.2?
    Which Unity version was the project originally created with?
    Can you share a test case which reproduces this? It'd help in finding the root of the issue.

Cheers,
    Simo

15. andymads

andymads

Yes 4.6.7 with 6.3.2

The project is 2 years old so it would be 3.x?

I just managed to reproduce it with UnityAds which I believe uses the same build system.

I will try to make a repro case for you.

16. HCL

HCL

Simo,

I made a test project for you, using Unity 5.1.0f3 and XCode 6.3.2 (what I'm using for the Headcaster project), and annoyingly it builds fine, without the need to set the search path to recursive.

So I guess it must be something to do with projects which have originated in Unity 4?

Willing to ship you Unity/XCode source if you like, and you could look at the Everyplay Facebook issue whilst you're at it :)

Thanks,

M

17. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

@HCL,

That sounds good. Please send an email to support@everyplay.com with your clientId, short description of your issues with Everyplay and a link to the Unity sources.

Cheers,
    Simo

18. HCL

HCL

Will get that to you this afty :)

19. andymads

andymads

Have submitted a repro case #715652

20. andymads

andymads

@ullatussimo @surathunity3d have you had any luck with this one? Was my repro case useful to you at all?

I want to share a little bit more info with you. Is it possible the problem may have something to do with the $(inherited) path listed above the Everyplay path in the Frameworks Search Paths list (see me earlier post with screenshot)? Note that there is also a "$(inherited)" path (in quotes) listed too - any idea how the one without quotes is getting in there and if it is needed at all?

My thinking is because I just just had a very similar issue with Amazon Mobile Ads where a header (in a framework) could not be found and removing the $(inherited) path fixed the problem and allowed me to build.

The reason I tried removing the $(inherited) path is because that is also a fix for another build issue that occurs sometimes, see this thread plus the linked solution on stackoverflow.

21. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @andymads

Yep, I am able to reproduce the issue with the project you provided. I will investigate more into this and give an update when I know more.

Cheers,
    Simo

22. antifuzz

antifuzz

Any update to this? Getting the same issue with Unity 5.0.3p1.

23. garysiu

garysiu

Getting the same issue
    Mac OS X 10.10.3
    Unity 5.0.1f1
    Xcode Version 6.3.2 (6D2105)

Attached Files:

24. darkhus

darkhus

I got same issue... solution was to add framework to project, right click on project > Add Files To .. > (Everyplay framework), don't forget to select checkbox "copy itmes if needed".
    Also, in build setting I had set flag to YES "enable modules (C and Objective-C"