Search Unity

EveryPlay help!

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by RichardGaitan, Dec 8, 2015.

1. RichardGaitan

RichardGaitan

I am just trying to get Everplay to work in my Android project, I have downloaded the EveryPlay asset from the Asset Store and imported it, but I can't see any docs on how to use it included with the Asset (which I understand if any other Asset Developer did their asset would not be allowed on the Asset Store which seems a little like double standards) so I go to the everyplay site and check the docs there and for Unity it says to get started drop the 'EveryPlay' prefab into your scene, but the asset does not include an 'EveryPlay' prefab, so added the 'EveryPlay Test' prefab in a hope I can test with that but all that does is show buttons when I hit play but they do nothing. Are there some actual correct docs for using this system? Is there another version of the Asset to download from somewhere that has the 'EveryPlay' prefab in it? Is there something else that needs installing?

2. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @RichardGaitan ,

Thanks for reaching out!

First of all, recording only works on real devices, not the editor. Where are you testing this?

Now, the very basic integration suitable for testing can be set up as follows:
    1.) Import the Everyplay package from the Asset Store
    2.) Go to Edit/Everyplay Settings
    3.) Set up your Client ID & Secret as shown in the developer dashboard, under your game profile
    4.) Select the platform(s) you wish to use (in your use case, at least Android should be enabled)
    5.) Select Enable test buttons

After you have done these steps, if you build your game to a device and run it, you should see the Everyplay recording control buttons on the top left corner of the screen and can use those to record, watch the recorded video, share your video to Everyplay.com and open the Community modal.

While this control button set is nice for testing purposes, I advice you check our Integration to Unity3D documentation here: https://developers.everyplay.com/documentation/Everyplay-integration-to-Unity3d-game.md

It tells you what methods to use in which situation, and has some examples too!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Simo