Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyplay Final SDK

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by ullatussimo, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello Developers,

Thanks for your patience.

As promised, the final release of the Everyplay SDK is now live.
    We removed the Everyplay Social functionalities and added easier ways to get the recorded video file.
    There are also compatibility improvements and bugfixes.

Each Git repo contains a short usage guide for that platform.

Major changes include:
    - Removed FaceCam
    - Removed all social functionality
    - Changed Everyplay.ShowSharingModal() to open up device's native share sheet instead of the Everyplay sharing modal
    - Added Everyplay.GetFilepath() to get path to the recorded file. This will cause Everyplay.FileReady -event to fire when the video is prepared (in case of multiple video files, the SDK will merge them for you).

You can find the releases here:
    Final iOS release: https://github.com/everyplay/everyplay-ios-sdk
    Final Android release: https://github.com/everyplay/everyplay-android-sdk
    Final Unity release: https://github.com/everyplay/everyplay-unity-sdk

We want to thank you for having been a part of the Everyplay community.

Best regards,
    Simo / Everyplay

zGameDev, Pelican_7 and yasirkula like this.
  2. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

Hi @ullatussimo.

Thanks for the update.

I have updated to the final Unity package at https://github.com/everyplay/everyplay-unity-sdk. However, the Everyplay.ShowSharingModal() now does nothing, whereas the release notes state that this should "open up device's native share sheet instead of the Everyplay sharing modal".

I have tried disabling & re-enabling Everyplay in case there was an issue with cached Everyplay settings but that did not help. I have also tried manually updating the iOS SDK as well as the Unity SDK, but this again doesn't change anything.

Do you have an idea what the issue might be? I feel I am missing something obvious as this was the main purpose of the update. Thanks in advance.

(I'm using Unity 2018.1.0f2, and building to an iOS device on iOS 11.)

-andy.

EDIT: Everyplay.IsReadyForRecording() appears to be returning false always, which causes Everyplay to never start recording and is therefore the likely cause of this issue. Any idea why since updating the SDK, Everyplay cannot record?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  3. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hi Andy,

thanks for reporting this issue.

Indeed, the newest SDK is facing an issue which prevents recording on iOS+Metal configuration. As a workaround you can test the SDK's functionality by using OpenGLES.

A fix for Metal recording will be released in the coming weeks, after a few vacations are over.

The behaviour of the sharing modal is as expected. The modal opens only if the SDK has succesfully produced a recording.

Cheers,
    Niko

4. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

Hi Niko,

Nice one, thanks a lot for the response. Ok, will wait on the fix to update my games. Thanks!
    -andy.

5. Arjun-Gupte

Arjun-Gupte

Hey Pelician, Is this bug "Everyplay.IsReadyForRecording() appears to be returning false always"
    fixed now?

6. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

No, not yet. The git repo hasn't been updated since June 26th.

7. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

8. Hogfather

Hogfather

Was waiting for the metal fix before I updated, but in both my android test devices I don't get the ready to record.
    Reverting to the pre plugin update build both devices are able to record.

Tested on LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S5, Unity 2017.4.1f, MacOsX 10.11.6

Edit: Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue with the updated update?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  9. Nkon

Nkon

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

thanks for the report!

We don't currently have the LG G2 at hand, but we tested with the Galaxy S5 today, and in the test recording was successful.

What is the model number of the S5 you're talking about (for example SM-G900K)?
    Which OS version is it running? What about the LG G2?
    Could you please check the Edit->Everyplay Settings in your project and verify that the correct platform is enabled?

If the project seems OK and the issue persists I suggest you send a message to support@everyplay.com. This will allow us to track this issue better. In this case, please attach a logcat log from a clean run of your app to the message.

Cheers,
    Niko

Hogfather likes this.
  10. Hogfather

Hogfather

I can confirm that the update does indeed work perfectly on my test devices.

After opening the project again to check everyplay settings in case for some reason they weren't saved properly before, both platforms were unticked and the credentials fields were missing, something that makes sense since we don't connect to everyplay servers any more.
    After updating and entering the settings first time around the fields were still there and I had to fill them in along with ticking both platforms, something that in hindsight didn't make sense. I can only conclude that something went wrong with the uninstall package plugin I am using, which led to my settings getting lost.

Thank you for your time and apologies for the false alarm.

11. FranzBertazzo

FranzBertazzo

Why was FaceCam removed? It was a great feature!

Archviz3d likes this.
  12. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Yeah...FaceCam was great! Why was it removed?! Could you enable it again??! pleaseee :)
    Also how can i record just the audio from mic? Is it possible without FaceCam beeing enabled?!

13. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Hi @ullatussimo !

The very first time an user downloads an app that has your sdk and tries to record some video he has to be connected to internet, so theres some communication between the everyplay sdk on the app and your servers. After the 1st time theres no need to be connected to the internet and he can continue recording normally.

Whats happening after 1 october if your servers are shutting down? the new users that download an app with everyplay sdk (even the final one) wont be able to record??

Thanks