Search Unity

EveryPlay does not record sound on iOS 9.

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by weliketoparty, Sep 22, 2015.

1. weliketoparty

weliketoparty

Hello.
    I have been use EveryPlay for a few months.
    I’m developing a project using Unity 4.5.4 f1 , xCode 6.4 (6E35b) , and the last EveryPlay version 1990-1410 .
    I did not have a single problem with Everyplay since i start use it, but now updating devices to iOS 9 the sound of the gameplay, which works as expected during the game session, is not recorded at all by Everyplay.
    The gameplay video is recorded, but the sound is not.
    I did test it on 2 devices, one iPhone 6 and one iPad mini 2 with iOs 9.
    Everything is working correctly on iOS 8.
    Is it a common problem? or has been already reported?
    Do you have any advice to fix it ? Should I expect to fix it only after an update of EveryPlay or Apple iOS version ?
    Thank you very much in advice for the support.

2. Mr-Cattz

Mr-Cattz

Im having the same issue with ios9,
    using Everyplay version 2000,
    it has always worked as normal (and still does on any device which is < ios9) gameplay sound is fine, but sound is not recorded by Everyplay at all.

Did you find anything yet?

3. weliketoparty

weliketoparty

This is the reply I got by emailing the support :

I was able to reproduce the issue you described when using xCode 6.4. However, I was able to solve the issue by updating to xCode 7.

The exact Unity version I used was 4.6.8p2. Can you try updating your Xcode?

I did not test it yet, but I think it should work as expected.

4. Mr-Cattz

Mr-Cattz

ahh, interesting... I'm using cocos2D for dev, still have the same issue, everything is at the latest versions... hmmm...

Thanks for the reply!

5. weliketoparty

weliketoparty

I update everything too, using Unity, and now the sound is recorded as expected. Unfortunately i'm having other problem but that's another story.
    I highly suggest to contact Everyplay support and let them know about your problem with the setup you're using. They came back to me in 2 days. They will probably tell you how to fix it.

6. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

The iOS 9 audio issue on custom engines has been fixed in v2.0.1 - Oct 9th 2015 (build 2010)

Github