Search Unity

Bug Every Unity Games crashing/freezing my whole Computer

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zanchettin, Jun 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanchettin

zanchettin

Context
    Hello, i'm having problems to run any game made in Unity Engine, i know it sounds dumb, but i can swear that only happens when playing a Unity Game. I noticed that all crash logs point to the same problem everytime, and it is Unityplayer.dll, to be more specific: "UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)".
    I'm experiencing 3 types of crash, sometimes the games just closes abruptly, (if i'm lucky, Unity has time to generate a crash log file) sometimes they just freeze my whole computer - forcing me to hard reset it - and sometimes they cause a BSOD.

Computer Specs
    ⦁ Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming;
    ⦁ CPU: Intel Core i7-9700F - 3.00GHz;
    ⦁ GPU: Galax GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB;
    ⦁ RAM: Kingston Fury 8 GB DDR4 2666Mhz (2x);
    ⦁ Storage: Kingston 240 GB SSD / Seagate 2 TB HDD;
    ⦁ Power-Supply: Corsair CX 650W.

Troubleshoot Steps
    This is my last hope to get things to work, i already read a lot of forums, watched a lot of videos on YouTube on how to solve this problem and all my attempts had no effect, so i'm going to list all the things i already tried:
    Memory Tests:
    ⦁ Changed the RAM's slots;
    ⦁ Tested Dual-Channel;
    ⦁ Tested each RAM individually;
    ⦁ Tried with another brand of RAM's;
    ⦁ XMP On and Off does not affect anything.
    Windows Tests:
    ⦁ No Citrix installed;
    ⦁ Already reinstalled Windows (one time in the SSD, another in my HDD);
    ⦁ Tried the following CMD commands: sfc /scannow, DISM and chkdsk;
    ⦁ Already tried updating all my Drivers;
    ⦁ Turned off any NVidia, X-box, Steam and Discord Overlay.
    Hardware Tests:
    ⦁ Updated Motherboard BIOS;
    ⦁ Reseted BIOS;
    ⦁ De-clocked my GPU;
    ⦁ I even bought a new Water Cooler System

Games Tested
    Here are the games that are making my computer to crash; Valheim, The Forest, Trailmakers, Tormented Souls. Its funny because i can run any of those games with extremely good performance, and all running > 60 FPS, but suddenly they crash my whole System. Just to compare, i can play God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare etc. (BUT NOT TRAILMAKERS????)

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Anyways, i'm 100% sure it's a hardware/computer problem and i accept that, but i need to know what hardware is causing this extremely inconvenient (and strange) problem. Fortunately, i managed to save a crash log from my last attempt to play Valheim yesterday... I'm sending the zipped contents of the folder, i appreciate any help and hopefully, this will reach a Unity developer.

Attached Files:

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Crashlogs of a game should be sent to the game‘s developers.

In any case you‘ve already done a lot of testing, but have you run some hardware-level analysis programs like memtest86 that check for RAM errors? Then there‘s Prime95 stresstests and Furmark for the GPU. If you can run both at maximum settings for at least 2 hours straight with no issues I‘d say your hardware is pretty stable. If they crash your computer too it could be, next to RAM, an underpowered or defective power supply or inadequate cooling (ie cooler doesn‘t fit perfectly, is not designed for this CPU or no/too much thermal paste) or BIOS settings that overclock/overvolt the CPU or RAM too much.

In any case, try stress testing your system with Prime and Furmark to check wehether you have any issues at full load first. If you do, then you can be pretty sure it‘s going to be a hardware issue. But from your assessment I‘d agree 90% that it‘s hardware related.

3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Closed. Contact the game developers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.