Search Unity

Every time I update Unity Hub it gets unpinned from the task bar

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by v-ercart, Aug 22, 2018.

1. v-ercart

v-ercart

I keep Unity Hub pinned to my task bar so I can quickly get to it. I do this by launching Unity Hub, then right clicking the icon in the task bar, and selecting "Pin To Taskbar". I always keep it between Git Kraken and Microsoft Teams, two other apps which I have pinned.

Every time I update Unity Hub it gets unpinned from the task bar. That means I have to repin it, and then move it back into it's spot.

Please make it so Unity Hub updater doesn't unpin the Unity Hub icon from my taskbar.

Eric-Claeys likes this.
  2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

First of all, we are so happy that our app is one of the pinned Item in your taskbar.
    And sorry for the inconvenience. We will take a look into the issue.

3. whizzkid

whizzkid

it's still being deleted. any progress on this?

VildNinja likes this.
  4. JoeysLucky22

JoeysLucky22

Hey, I've also been having this problem for a while now both on my home and work machines. It still happened with 2.0.2. Oddly enough the dude I sit next to at work doesn't have this issue and we're using very similar machines... Is there some windows setting I should look into? (using windows 10 pro)

5. laessnb

laessnb

Would love to know if there's a setting somewhere. I just updated to 2.1.0 and it nuked itself from my taskbar as always.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

It seems to be a problem related to Windows 10, I don't have it under Windows 7 SP1 up to date.

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  7. Eric-Claeys

Eric-Claeys

Same issue. It would be awesome if updating didn't remove the pin.

8. Abelius

Abelius

And now (at least in my case) is not only it gets unpinned, but the icon doesn't show up correctly when I pin it again...

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

You probably just need to restart your computer. You should do that before complaining anyway. Sorry about that but it's the basics of computer using.

10. Conversi

Conversi

The icon never shows up correctly in the taskbar for me. Restarting my computer has nothing to do with it. afshinti, you have been looking into this for almost four years now. Any update for us?