Search Unity

Every time I open unity everything is always pink...

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw, Apr 18, 2021.

1. unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw

unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw

Hi, Im working on my project for my thesis on unity & recently I've installed the universal render pipeline as well as the lightweight render pipeline (im still unclear if those are both the same or not) but basically every time I come back to my unity project or even switch scenes all of my objects are pink and I have to change them all back individually through "upgrade selected materials to..." Im confused as to why it is happening because its not an issue for any of the other members (it is a collaboration project) but when I attempt to do certain things like outline shaders for objects I can't because my materials are turning pink instead of the colours they are supposed to so I'm worried it might be a major issue... p.s I'm a total noob :)))

2. mgear

mgear

LWRP (lightweight render pipeline) was the old name/version, try using URP only, maybe that fixes it.

unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw likes this.
  3. unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw

unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw

I tried but its still pink :( I can still see the lightweight render pipeline in the assets, should I delete it from there too?

4. mgear

mgear

can try, and have backups in case something else breaks when testing.

or maybe better to make new empty project, test urp there (and bring your own code/assets there).

5. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

What is your system specification? CPU,GPU model name + Unity version

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  6. unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw

unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw

Its Mac OS X (MacBook Pro 13" 2020), Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB and my unity is 2019.4.18f1 (hopefully that's what you meant)

7. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Try on unity 2020 lts

unity_iboiLT73P_vMiw likes this.